Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Gantic (Nec)Romantic - on hiatus

Posted May 1, '14 at 6:39pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,506 posts

Gantic Necromantic is a follow-up to the popular retrospective series Gantic Romantic. This second series covers everything since we last heard from him and delves into the oddities beyond his own writing, from the incisive analyses into the psyche of the collective consciousness of the Amwian hivemind to cryptic weirdness that just plain don't make no sense. Join us as we relive some of the more memorable moments from Armor Games history with insight and commentary from the White Rabbit himself.

Raise the dead Friday nights at 11 pm, starting May 9th.

Posted May 9, '14 at 11:01pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,506 posts

Down the Rabbit Hole Again

"So what have you been up to?" the rabbit asked.

There was frivolity in his smile and a whimsy in his eyes. It had been a while since we last spoke, and though I have known him for the last six years, it seemed as if I knew even less about him now than I had three years ago. Things had changed little since last I interviewed him. The room was somehow sparer than before, as if he uncluttered what was already neatly organized. Less papers and books stacked his desk. He still had the same copy of Finnegan's Wake sitting in a different spot. The papers on his desk were incoherent fragments of figments.

"Where would you like to start?" I asked.

While he was revisiting a format he had used three years, there was less structure, less predictability on my end as to what to expect. Over the last three years, he had barely produced anything in the way of writings, aside from a handful of short pieces. "Lore" had gone nowhere and was abandoned not long after "Gantic Romantic" was published. "Yesterday and Tomorrow" was infrequently updated. "The Weekly Whoosh!" was put on an indefinite hiatus. "When We Were Young" was a drawn out meta-joke. "Cryptic Media Resolutions" was... something. He wouldn't put anything in specific terms.

Change was an ever-present constant, but some things, like the rabbit's way of using words, never seem
to change. As it was three years ago, it was now. Three years ago was unrecognizable to the new citizens of Armor Games. Three years from now, it would be just as unrecognizable. Three years had passed, but the rabbit didn't seem much different, not in any way discernible.

"How about "I Want to See Your Mental Poop"?" he suggested. "'Poop'! in the title of a thread made by a mod of all people!"

And that was where we began, in the ocean of possibilities in the minds of others.

Next Week: "Stepping into Mental Poop"

Posted May 10, '14 at 2:40am

BRF321JOJO

BRF321JOJO

102 posts

Bravo you bored the audience to death please see my comment and cry

Posted May 10, '14 at 2:50am

Gantic

Gantic

7,506 posts

Oh, no! I'm crying, because I'm taking this entire thread very seriously. Gantic is very serious business.

Posted May 10, '14 at 9:58am

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,625 posts

I actually liked it. Good story... or writing... or poem... or whatever you AMW people call it. Can't wait for that poop.

Posted May 10, '14 at 1:07pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,164 posts

Bravo you bored the audience to death please see my comment and cry

Hey look! It's that guy from the Tavern who says Gantic is a fun-hating overlord! And he's insulting Gantic for literally no reason! What a guy!

This was pretty good. Not my preferred style, but it's well-written. Didn't watch to stop by without dropping a comment related to the topic.

Posted May 16, '14 at 10:30pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,506 posts

"Stepping into Mental Poop" is postponed, because I just realized that I still haven't finished analyzing the last... three? rounds of the fourth season. Sorry about that.

Posted May 25, '14 at 11:16am

ajgelaga

ajgelaga

129 posts

Matt: =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Posted Sep 12, '14 at 9:50pm

DarthTyrannausarus

DarthTyrannausarus

359 posts

@Gantic this thread is crazy sauce.

Reply to Gantic (Nec)Romantic - on hiatus

You must be logged in to post a reply!