ForumsArt, Music, and WritingGantic (Nec)Romantic - on hiatus

95 149740
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Gantic Romantic offers an intimate look into Armor Games' most mysterious moderator beginning with his early writing experience, through his innovative and subversive contest entries, his subsequent inclement vignettes set in the subconscious, and his lean but pithy literary stylings and reserved humor that forever cemented his aura of mystique. In a riveting series of autobiographical interviews conducted by himself in third person, the lexophilic moderator explores his enlightening three years on Armor Games. By drawing on his past experiences and indirectly encouraging others to see beyond the word during the time he has spent in the community, the eclectic writer unknowingly shrouded himself in impenetrable sesquipedalia and Gantitudinal platitudes but in [i]Gantic Romantic[i] now seeks to cut through the clutter capitalizing characteristic incisiveness to unveil the truth. The interviews revel in his sense of wordplay and whimsical subversion of language transparent in his dialogue as both the interviewer and interviewee. While too often are writers, and other artists, too vain to recognize their own failings, this impressive collection of verbose and laconic conversations is both an inflationary and humbling commentary--on himself and the community in which he seems hermetic.

Unravel the mysteries Friday nights at 11 pm, starting June 10th.

• 95 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

*sigh* I knew the third person was coming sooner or later.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

*sigh* I knew the third person was coming sooner or later.

It's the price of Genius. Or madness?

Anyhow, my interest is piqued to the utmost.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

And some more people's brains just exploded...mine just didn't respond due to the state of post-exam mush.

This will be...adequately enlightening.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Somehow, I feel like I have accomplished something by being able to comprehend one of Gantic's threads.

Anyhow, my interest is piqued to the utmost.

Ditto.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

From the creator of Gantic Romantic comes I Wanna Nurvana, Fallen Sky, Super Fly, You Lyin', kingryan?, and Merry MoonFairy. In stores today! Get the collection now!

Jokes aside...
That is as accessible as I dare make it and still sound promotional. The critics are raving:

"...he...co...o...l..." -- N., Terra Pacis
"...Genius. Or madness?" -- F. Sky, The Wordshop
"...enlightening." -- K. Ryan, S.P. Gallery
"...accomplished..." -- M. Fairy, The Metrophobia

Further jokes aside...
It really isn't and isn't going to be that hard to understand.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

*sigh of relief*
Wait a minute. That's like a teacher saying the test isn't going to be hard. Obviously it's not going to be considered hard for the teacher, because they already learned it.
Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see.
deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

My head was already about to explode. Thanks you Gantic for making it implode. Does that make sense? I don't know, but I'm to tired to fix it. :P

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Uh....
Wait a minute. That's like a teacher saying the test isn't going to be hard.

> >
Is this your evil mastermind plan, Gantic?!
To confuse the poor souls that come stumbling upon this thread in hopes of understand your brilliant yet incredibly confusing vocabulary?!

"...accomplished..." -- M. Fairy, The Metrophobia

BAH! Like I would ever say that! *continues shining your shoes*
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Im not quite sure what to make of this but Im alright with a pleasant haze of confusion. Perhaps it will clear on Friday.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

Perhaps it will clear on Friday.

I'm assuming the confusion is going to get worse as we see more, sadly.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

*absolutely mind blown*
I've always thought that I have a decent knowledge of English, but the outstanding verbosity of your wall of text hit me like a train in the face. I had to concentrate a lot to actually understand the meaning, covered by the mass of redundant and succulent words. Sweet.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

I'm assuming the confusion is going to get worse as we see more, sadly

Isn't that all the pleasure of having such a reclusive mod as Gantic. I doubt he has the abilty to express himself simply enough so as to make us understand; writers of caliber often disdain revert to simple vocabulary.

Wait and see, wait and see...

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Uh, does anyone not see the humor in all of this?

The critics agree. This is the most anticipated series ever!

"my interest is piqued to the utmost."-- F. Sky, The Wordshop
"Ditto." -- M. Fairy, The Metrophobia
"we'll... have to wait and see." -- Prof. Oak, Some Pixels
"I'll keep an eye on this." -- D. Hopper, Hopping Notebook
"Perhaps it will clear on Friday." -- CD7, Action Stick Figure Experience
"Sweet." -- gaboloth, Jedi Stickman's Adventures
"Wait and see, wait and see..." -- F. Sky, The Wordshop

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I'm getting more curious by the second, honestly.

I just decided to read the opening paragraph... XD

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Uh, does anyone not see the humor in all of this?

It's hard to evaluate your definition of ''humor'', given your intricate feather, but yes.

I'm just playing along for now.

''F. Sky has resigned from the Wordshop paper, Haven offered him a local with Ocean view, plus the opportunity to feature caricatures alongside his columns.''

Showing 1-15 of 95