ForumsArt, Music, and WritingGantic (Nec)Romantic - on hiatus

98 74403
Gantic
Gantic
11,781 posts

Gantic Romantic offers an intimate look into Armor Games' most mysterious moderator beginning with his early writing experience, through his innovative and subversive contest entries, his subsequent inclement vignettes set in the subconscious, and his lean but pithy literary stylings and reserved humor that forever cemented his aura of mystique. In a riveting series of autobiographical interviews conducted by himself in third person, the lexophilic moderator explores his enlightening three years on Armor Games. By drawing on his past experiences and indirectly encouraging others to see beyond the word during the time he has spent in the community, the eclectic writer unknowingly shrouded himself in impenetrable sesquipedalia and Gantitudinal platitudes but in [i]Gantic Romantic[i] now seeks to cut through the clutter capitalizing characteristic incisiveness to unveil the truth. The interviews revel in his sense of wordplay and whimsical subversion of language transparent in his dialogue as both the interviewer and interviewee. While too often are writers, and other artists, too vain to recognize their own failings, this impressive collection of verbose and laconic conversations is both an inflationary and humbling commentary--on himself and the community in which he seems hermetic.

Unravel the mysteries Friday nights at 11 pm, starting June 10th.

• 98 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,781 posts

Down the Rabbit Hole Again

"So what have you been up to?" the rabbit asked.

There was frivolity in his smile and a whimsy in his eyes. It had been a while since we last spoke, and though I have known him for the last six years, it seemed as if I knew even less about him now than I had three years ago. Things had changed little since last I interviewed him. The room was somehow sparer than before, as if he uncluttered what was already neatly organized. Less papers and books stacked his desk. He still had the same copy of Finnegan's Wake sitting in a different spot. The papers on his desk were incoherent fragments of figments.

"Where would you like to start?" I asked.

While he was revisiting a format he had used three years, there was less structure, less predictability on my end as to what to expect. Over the last three years, he had barely produced anything in the way of writings, aside from a handful of short pieces. "Lore" had gone nowhere and was abandoned not long after "Gantic Romantic" was published. "Yesterday and Tomorrow" was infrequently updated. "The Weekly Whoosh!" was put on an indefinite hiatus. "When We Were Young" was a drawn out meta-joke. "Cryptic Media Resolutions" was... something. He wouldn't put anything in specific terms.

Change was an ever-present constant, but some things, like the rabbit's way of using words, never seem
to change. As it was three years ago, it was now. Three years ago was unrecognizable to the new citizens of Armor Games. Three years from now, it would be just as unrecognizable. Three years had passed, but the rabbit didn't seem much different, not in any way discernible.

"How about "I Want to See Your Mental Poop"?" he suggested. "'Poop'! in the title of a thread made by a mod of all people!"

And that was where we began, in the ocean of possibilities in the minds of others.

Next Week: "Stepping into Mental Poop"

BRF321JOJO
BRF321JOJO
129 posts

Bravo you bored the audience to death please see my comment and cry

Gantic
Gantic
11,781 posts

Oh, no! I'm crying, because I'm taking this entire thread very seriously. Gantic is very serious business.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,191 posts

I actually liked it. Good story... or writing... or poem... or whatever you AMW people call it. Can't wait for that poop.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,747 posts

Bravo you bored the audience to death please see my comment and cry

Hey look! It's that guy from the Tavern who says Gantic is a fun-hating overlord! And he's insulting Gantic for literally no reason! What a guy!

This was pretty good. Not my preferred style, but it's well-written. Didn't watch to stop by without dropping a comment related to the topic.
Gantic
Gantic
11,781 posts

"Stepping into Mental Poop" is postponed, because I just realized that I still haven't finished analyzing the last... three? rounds of the fourth season. Sorry about that.

ajgelaga
ajgelaga
349 posts

Matt: =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
543 posts

@Gantic this thread is crazy sauce.

Showing 91-98 of 98