Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Skyrim!

Posted Sep 29, '12 at 5:24pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

Question: When is Hearthfire supposed to come out on PC?

There's still no news on that. The only thing it says on the site is "Available now on Xbox 360" ever since it got out on Xbox. Though, as far as I know the deal is that they release new stuff for Xbox one month earlier than for the rest; that means we'll probably get it somewhen in the beginning of october, as it got out on Xbox on the 4th of september.

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 12:18pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,856 posts

There's still no news on that. The only thing it says on the site is "Available now on Xbox 360" ever since it got out on Xbox. Though, as far as I know the deal is that they release new stuff for Xbox one month earlier than for the rest; that means we'll probably get it somewhen in the beginning of october, as it got out on Xbox on the 4th of september.

Great, thanks very much!

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 5:10pm

SniperBullet

SniperBullet

36 posts

i havent even got dawngaurd! do you think it would be ok to buy hearthfire without playing dawngaurd?

Posted Oct 1, '12 at 1:05pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,625 posts

i havent even got dawngaurd! do you think it would be ok to buy hearthfire without playing dawngaurd?
i see absolutely no reason why there would be a problem

Posted Oct 1, '12 at 4:11pm

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,654 posts

No problem I think. Dawnguard isn't that good and it adds nothing you need for Heartfire I believe.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 5:01am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

So.. I have good news! They kept their end of the deal and released Hearthfire for PC exactly a month later:

"Bethesda Softworks just announced that the Skyrim DLC Hearthfire is now available for purchase and download on Steam, with a price of $4.99 USD. PS3 users will have to wait a while longer for news."
UESPWiki

Posted Nov 5, '12 at 12:30pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

I'm so incredibly excited!

Have you guys seen the trailer for the next DLC coming on XBox december 4th?

Official Trailer

It's about another Dragonborn in Solstheim, the island that was already part of Morrowind's second official expansion. And it looks like it will include some architecture/armor/creatures from Morrowind! There must be a god after all... :)

Posted Nov 5, '12 at 4:38pm

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,654 posts

Wow, I was waiting for a resurrection of this thread but to be honest. I am not that excited. I mean Heartfire DLC was a fail for pc, and Dawnguard wasn't what I expected. I mean Bethesda said that they would make 2 DLC who aren't small like Horse Armor but big. But I have yet to see a DLC who matches The Shivering Isles.
And to be honest. I hate the idea of riding dragons. It is just wrong.

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 5:31am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

I think Solstheim could easily be made the approximate size of the Shivering Isles, or at least match it in content. Dawnguard's point was to expand on the vampires, which they did. Hearthfire's point is to make you able to build your own house, which it does with some restrictions. But Dragonborn will be the first DLC, in my opinion, to really focus on a new location; I mean it's a whole island we're talking about. Personally I think it will be Skyrim's best expansion yet.

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 6:40am

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,654 posts

Yes I to think it will be the best since it will be the last.
I believe that before the release, Bethesda said they wanted to make more DLC that are worthy of the name DLC. I believe it also said they would do 2 big DLC's.
But the weird part about the DLC are the mushrooms and Bull Netch who weren't feutered in Morrowind's Solstheim.

Reply to Skyrim!

You must be logged in to post a reply!