AllportHD

36 posts

Best bow in the game?

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 2:51pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,962 posts

Knight

Karliah's bow has the best dmg (25) but only draw speed 0.6250. However you can't get it ingame.

Regular dragonbone bows are the best bows you can actually get with a dmg of 20 and speed of 0.75 (in comparison: daedric bow has dmg 19, speed 0.5). Dwarven crossbows however are better with a dmg of 22 and speed of 1.

Then there's Auriel's bow that doesn't do great combat damage, but it's effects are beast.

Source: UESPWiki

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 3:57pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,091 posts

i had 1 of those old imperial bows since lvl 5 and i never needed to change it for something better. sneak+marksman beats anything =P

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 8:23pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

I usually conjure a bound bow. It's effective, it looks cools, and I don't need to collect arrows anymore.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 4:05am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

and I don't need to collect arrows anymore.

I never actually had a problem with this. It became second nature after a few hours of gameplay, just looting bodies and picking up all the arrows because they have no weight. After a while I'd have hundreds of arrows and not have to worry about running out.

As for bows, I love the Daedric bow. Probably a generic choice, but it looks awesome and does a lot of damage. I remember making several with different enchantments, but I don't remember which exactly. Been a while since I played Skyrim.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 12:50am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

Yes, old thread, but I require help.

I retrieved a fragment of Wuuthard and silver-blood plans for Aela and can't get anymore companion quests. Whenever I go to the place and approach Aela she'll usually say something about how the others are unaware of what we're doing, I click to talk and there's no new dialogue. Same with all other characters.

I did some research on this earlier and some said that a few misc quests could interfere with this, but the only ones I have available are the drinking game with Sam, retrieving a book, and some word of power ones. Besides those, I don't have many quests available in general, just gathering the stones of barenziah and approaching the Night Mother for more kill contracts.

Is there any way to trigger new dialogue or are these quests out the window? Nothing regarding them shows up in the panel, and loading an earlier save is out of the question. I got those two companion quests when I was level ~20 and didn't bother with them until level ~40.

I'm playing on the PS3, by the way.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 12:53am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

I got those two companion quests when I was level ~20 and didn't bother with them until level ~40.

Also, currently level 47. Another site mentioned waiting for new dialogue, but it's probably been more than a month in-game time since I completed the quests.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 2:41am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,241 posts

****...I can tell it has been too long since I last played

I don't know how much help it will do..but I recommend finishing the drinking game quest, maybe see if that'll kick things back in order

Also..did you talk to Eorlund? Maybe he has something to say?
[Keep in mind..it's been well over a month since I've last played due to some shiz..so I'm just spit-balling ideas]

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 4:56pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

Still nothing after doing those.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 7:12pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,091 posts

open console and manually complete the quest.
what? your not on PC? oh well, your ****ed. =)
known problem of TES is that it bugs. next time just go for the PC version it's better ;)

anyway you can still do the mission 27 levels lower. then you know what it is about. and you still wont miss anything. =)

Reply to Skyrim!

You must be logged in to post a reply!