ForumsGamesSkyrim!

1122 217074
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Let's make this the place on AG for anything and everything about Elder Scrolls 5! I'm so excited about it!

• 1,122 Replies
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

You know I wonder how they do it with the Gods. I mean in Oblivion they took a pair of Morrowind gods like Sheogorath and I wonder will Sheogorath come back. Because in the SI he turned into his true form Jygalag and you got the throne of madness. So if he will be in it how will they do it.
I hope they don't do this.

I can see it now...

The bonfires of Falkreath were just visible through the snow-dusted forest, off to the hero's right. Before him, in the ghostly light of the moons reflecting off stormclouds, the statue of Sheogorath stood in the cold night air.

He opened the sack, and three coconuts tumbled out. Contrary to the suggestion that they were migratory, these coconuts were an absolute pain to find here in Skyrim.

The voice came dancing through once more, filling the air and the space between the hero's ears. "You've done well, mortal! Now, for your rewardâ" I've had this around for quite a long time, and I've been waiting for the perfect time to get ridâ" I mean, bestow this on a worthy champion. Good luck! And sorry..."

The hero heard the tramp of footsteps in the snow behind him. The glow of a torch. He turned around...

"By Azura! By Azura! By Azura!..."

The residents Falkreath looked around in wonder as the hero's scream carried its way through the cold night.

I do not own this story.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

You know I wonder how they do it with the Gods. I mean in Oblivion they took a pair of Morrowind gods like Sheogorath and I wonder will Sheogorath come back. Because in the SI he turned into his true form Jygalag and you got the throne of madness. So if he will be in it how will they do it.

Since in Oblivion:SI, you fully replaced Sheogorath in his functions in order for him to be Jyggalag again, I'm pretty sure if they do place daedric shrines again, there'll be one for Sheogorath and a quest to do; after all, you won't be playing the same person in Skyrim than you did in Oblivion. Actually that'd mean you'd be talking to your Oblivion char... D

Oh, and the Aedra and Daedra aren't Morrowind-exclusive deities, they're known everywhere, often by other names though. Here you've got a nice overview of how confusing TES lore can be :P. Gods in Skyrim will probably carry Nord names, idk.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Well I'm having problems with the gods. They day that Alduin is a enemy in Skyrim. But Alduin is the Nordic version of Akatosh so you would fight the head of the Nine Devines and therefore the Aedra.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Akatosh (Dragon God of Time): Akatosh is the chief deity of the Nine Divines (the major religious cult of Cyrodiil and its provinces), and one of two deities found in every Tamrielic religion (the other is Lorkhan). He is generally considered to be the first of the Gods to form in the Beginning Place; after his establishment, other spirits found the process of being easier and the various pantheons of the world emerged. He is the ultimate God of the Cyrodilic Empire, where he embodies the qualities of endurance, invincibility, and everlasting legitimacy.

Alduin (World Eater): Alduin is the Nordic variation of Akatosh, and only superficially resembles his counterpart in the Nine Divines. For example, Alduin's sobriquet, 'the world eater', comes from myths that depict him as the horrible, ravaging firestorm that destroyed the last world to begin this one. Nords therefore see the god of time as both creator and harbinger of the apocalypse. He is not the chief of the Nordic pantheon (in fact, that pantheon has no chief; see Shor, below) but its wellspring, albeit a grim and frightening one.

From the book Varieties of Faith in the Empire

I'm not quite sure either how this whole thing will develop, but it seems at least that the Akatosh manifestation from Oblivion and the Alduin in Skyrim aren't the exact same being. Thanks to you, I didn't think of that before.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Well I thank you for your good uesp reseach and I can't wait for the game

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Check this out, they'll have bronzed retail statues of their Dovahkiin guy. I'm gonna visit all game shops until I'll find one hope they ship some in my country too.
http://img.jeuxvideo.fr/photo/04556454-photo-the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim.jpg

jago1290
jago1290
6 posts
Nomad

Can any one tell me if my graphics card should be powerful enough to run it, based sheerly on video's seen of the game? Ive got a nvidia GeForce 9400 GT, just my PS3 has recently broke and if i buy a new one, i wont have enough money for the game :'(

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Ive got a nvidia GeForce 9400 GT

I'd recommend an upgrade. Try and get a 460/560/570 with 1 or 2GB of memory. That would satiate any requirement under the sun. If you prefer Radeon, a 6870 or a 6950 would be more than adequate.

Make sure the rest of your specs are up to date as well, especially if you want at-console detail or better.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I 've heard about this game so many things that I am full! Really. I tried to play the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion but it is (or to be honest it was) too heavy for my computer. Guess Skyrim is gonna be like heaven for Elder Scrolls fans (absolutely no offense right?)

Can somebody put in a post all the minimum and recommended Requirements of the game?

CyclorTDM
CyclorTDM
1 posts
Nomad

Already pre-ordered it, and I am super excited. DRAGONS!

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

@ doombreed, i don't think they have released that list of minimum requirements yet, but expect it to be high.

deadhead50
deadhead50
342 posts
Nomad

think my 4 gigs of ram and my GeForce 520 1gig DDR3 could handle it?

or do i need to get the playstation copy. This card can run Oblivion on ultra high or whatever with no lag.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

think my 4 gigs of ram and my GeForce 520 1gig DDR3 could handle it?

or do i need to get the playstation copy. This card can run Oblivion on ultra high or whatever with no lag.

Nobody knows yet. But I think no unless u have a processor.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Nobody knows yet. But I think no unless u have a processor.

I think he will have a processor... lol

I think mine will cope more then enough with amd phenom x4 3.4 ghz HD radeon 6850 1gb 8gb ram
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I'm getting a significant upgrade to my PC for my birthday anyway, so it and the other tweaks needed should be ready in time for Skyrim's release. I wanted to get the special edition version, but nothing inside (except the booklet of illustrations) was really worth the extra $100. No one can just buy a game anymore these days, but no one cares -.-

Showing 76-90 of 1122