ForumsGamesSkyrim!

1122 216831
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Let's make this the place on AG for anything and everything about Elder Scrolls 5! I'm so excited about it!

• 1,122 Replies
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

It used to be me having to update the game, advertisements galore, for an estimated hour before I would have any chance to play my game, where it would give me two weeks to play it before reverting back into "update mode".

Same, but I would still choose steam over windows games aka "live" any day.
funyun
funyun
24 posts
Nomad

is it an RPG? or mmo aswell? Do you guys use a keyboard/mouse on your console to play these type of games

MindSucker
MindSucker
63 posts
Nomad

I only hope there will not be really high difference of classes like in Oblivion where the Mage is overpowered and archer sucks -.-"

MAGE= 500 magicka = OMFG infinite heals yo mudda f**ka.
Low health, but heals and spells compensation. (Like skills to increase health - defense) also the magic armor spell
Really high damage for the difference of spells like Shock-Frost-Fire

ARCHER = I'm level 20 with 100 magicka.. (using powerful magic skills is a dream)
Low-Mid health (depends on the attributes you choose while leveling)
Low damage and even difficult to hit the enemy, arrows can finish.
Armor can be destroyed and you need to repair all the times (really boring)

WARRIOR = Low magicka (like archer)
High health
Mid damage

THAT WAS ONLY THE PRIMARY CLASSES AND WHAT I THINK.. Because i dont think that an archer go for constitution primarly because to increase constituin you have to skill, Block (not for archers), Heavy armor (not for archers) and and Armorer (yes for archers but not really much important)

Yes maybe archers have more speed but in restricted locations like caves and dungeon they obviously cant escape from melee enemies, and versus ranged and casters are doomed.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

is it an RPG? or mmo as well? Do you guys use a keyboard/mouse on your console to play these type of games

It's an RPG, but not an MMO. I don't know if it is even possible to play with a keyboard and mouse on the console version(though it were possible it would have to be done on the PS3 since it is the only one that is compatible with those controls for anything anyways). If you get this for a console then you should probably be playing it with a controller.

I only hope there will not be really high difference of classes like in Oblivion where the mage is overpowered and archer sucks -.-"

I have to agree that archery was weak in Oblivion, but they are apparently doing away with the class system and instead allowing you to just combine classes as you want. Mages look like they are going to be even more overpowered then before though, or at least magic abilities, especially if you factor in the dragon abilities(if they count as magic that is). Regardless you should be able to combine classes though a bit more this time, making any sort of combo class you want, whether that be a battle mage(uses spells and swords interchangeably) a magic rogue(mainly uses stealth and ranged attacks and uses magic to help aid their stealth abilities I.E. invisibility as well as using it to set up traps) and a whole bunch of other possibilities

Good news is that smithing apparently is not just going to be a skill but something you can turn into a job in game for profit(somewhat like in Fable, except with benefits to your skills)

G4 got an exclusive preview at some of the private demo that was being shown off at E3 if any of you want to check it out. It has some good stuff in it:

[url]http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53441/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-e3-gameplay-demo/?quality=hd[/url]
Skullses
Skullses
4 posts
Nomad

if the difference between oblivion and skyrim is anything like the difference between morrowind and oblivion its sure to be spectacular.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

G4 got an exclusive preview at some of the private demo that was being shown off at E3 if any of you want to check it out. It has some good stuff in it:

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53441/the-el ⦠quality=hd

The gameplay vid is out for a while on youtube it now only has new hosts.

And all i wish to be in TES V is some kind of online or split screen like in Fable so that you can chop on into a dragon's head with 2 players :P.
MindSucker
MindSucker
63 posts
Nomad

Regardless you should be able to combine classes though a bit more this time, making any sort of combo class you want, whether that be a battle mage

Yes but if i want to play just archer because i like playing it best, I suck, when it'll be released i play only mage..

[b]Finally Dual-Wielded rogue ;D
MindSucker
MindSucker
63 posts
Nomad

is it an RPG? or mmo aswell?

It's an RPG i think.

Do you guys use a keyboard/mouse on your console to play these type of games

Yes, what should we use?
deni123
deni123
133 posts
Nomad

Umm what is that skyrim.. I dunno

MindSucker
MindSucker
63 posts
Nomad

Skyrim is The elder scroll V
Do you know Oblivion? It's The elder scroll IV
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Google it, search for it on youtube, wait till 11/11/11 and buy it.
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

What is Skyrim? It is all of your dreams, nightmares, hopes, thoughts, and emotions in one game. It is perfection.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I just found this interview with one of the Bethesda staff members - it clears up a few things about how the game will play and has some pretty sweet in game footage too.

already saw it on 3 July, and it is pretty much the same they keep telling it isn't much new. And i am a little shocked that the interview isn't with Tod Howard.
JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

I was beast in the Oblivion days! Although the campaign was SUPER easy and buggy. In the part when your in the giant oblivion gate, i fell off the bridge and landed on the rims of the tower slowly going down and beat it in like 10 seconds

Showing 16-30 of 1122