Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Armatar Updates (no custom armatars)

Posted Nov 7, '11 at 8:29pm

benjaminio

benjaminio

83 posts

so if u post something, and it gets deleted, u lose the points for that post? is that right?

Posted Nov 8, '11 at 12:26am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

so if u post something, and it gets deleted, u lose the points for that post? is that right?

Yes, that is correct; though I don't know how that relates in any way to armatars.

Posted Nov 9, '11 at 4:17am

benjaminio

benjaminio

83 posts

haha sorry, was just wanting to clear my confusion. i think it was because u could lose ur ap points and so mayb u couldnt access specific avatars

Posted Nov 14, '11 at 3:39pm

benjaminio

benjaminio

83 posts

With the whole custom armatar thing, if your worried about copyright issues, why not have it that there are several templates, and that you can have say a background, a middle and a front, but only from a selection of things, kind of like the armatar selection we have now?

This would mean that not as many people would have the same armatars, giving everyone an individual look, while still keeping within copyright infringements. Just a thought, though now I would really like the idea of that

Posted Nov 14, '11 at 3:44pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

That's similar to the armatar contests they had a while ago where people would draw armatars and an administrator would decide whether or not to add them to the site; that's how we got seasonal/holiday armatars.

I like the idea of it, but without a person like a moderator or administrator to manage it, I don't think it will work. If you just give users the ability to draw things and add them as a picture then it's likely a few people will ruin it for others by drawing obscene things and spreading them around the site.

Posted Nov 16, '11 at 3:02pm

spaaazz

spaaazz

1 post

custom armatures would be a really cool improvement. as said before though, hard to keep bad pictures off the site. i would guess that i just depends on how much of a workload the armor games team wants. you could go all out n make it so people can upload pictures or maybe just have a design page where people can draw their own. if the latter is chosen then it can go through a confirm sorta process where you submit and people approve. going even further, you could set up a collection of pre-approved designs made by the armor games staff or designers, and people could unlock new designs and add them to their armature. (kinda like on COD for the insignia thing). not sure if this was really relevant to the topic but just some ideas :)

Posted Nov 16, '11 at 4:24pm

benjaminio

benjaminio

83 posts

you could set up a collection of pre-approved designs made by the armor games staff or designers, and people could unlock new designs and add them to their armature. (kinda like on COD for the insignia thing)

That would be a great idea, and it's what I originally meant when I said for the custom avatar thing. It's funny because I was thinking of the COD insignia thing when I wrote it as well :)

Posted Nov 16, '11 at 6:26pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

That sounds like a neat idea, but it all depends if they have someone who wants to manage that sort of thing, like a moderator or administrator.

Posted Nov 17, '11 at 10:52am

NinjaGeorge24

NinjaGeorge24

2 posts

They Should Allow Custom Armortars. That is what i belive

Posted Nov 17, '11 at 10:55am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Depends what you mean by that. If you mean images taken from websites then they've already said no to that because of copyright laws and such. If you mean drawn armatars then that's taken into account, but they'll need someone to manage those, which means it won't be there at launch or anytime soon. Also says "no custom armatars" in the threads title, so...

Reply to Armatar Updates (no custom armatars)

You must be logged in to post a reply!