ForumsNews and FeedbackArmatar Updates (no custom armatars)

261 88634
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

This is another re-take on the Armatar discussion because we need to clarify a few points.

First, this topic is to discuss how the AG3 beta manages armatars.

Secondly, if you just want to ask for new armatars, discuss it with Dan.

Third, we are still discussing whether we want to allow custom armatars in the future, because of copyright and licensing issues that will come up from that, so that idea is ON HOLD.

If messages in here aren't about the interface we've built, how we could improve it, etc., then I'll probably trim the message.

Questions about how to unlock armatars, etc., are totally welcome and I'll provide answers as I have them. As of the time I write this, the understanding I have is that all AG2 armatars will be unlocked on AG3 by default, and we will unlock seasonal armatars through some process eventually.

We are also going to start asking game developers for one or more armatars related to their game, which users can select, but I don't think they'll be locked in any way. We've talked about unlocking special armatars based on achievements, but since achievements aren't finished yet, we can't go into much detail on that.

• 261 Replies
argamer1
argamer1
7 posts
Nomad

i think it would be awesome that games (like kingdom rush) gave an special armatar upon finishing the mission or doing a hard achievement of course if they added this feature it would take time to judge if the image doesnt breaks a copyrigth

clawmysy
clawmysy
1 posts
Nomad

Wait whats everyone talking about ag3?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Wait whats everyone talking about ag3?

Right now the current site is AG2, AG3 is going to be the new site with a lot more features.
shadedoom143
shadedoom143
18 posts
Blacksmith

[quote]Right now the current site is AG2, AG3 is going to be the new site with a lot more features.

Yer **** right about that.

hockeyman223
hockeyman223
1 posts
Nomad

I THINK ONCE YOU GET TO A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF AG POINTS YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CREATE A CUSTOM ARMATAR. IF SOMEONE COPYRIGHTS THEN LET THE COPS KNOW ABOUT IT.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I THINK ONCE YOU GET TO A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF AG POINTS YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CREATE A CUSTOM ARMATAR. IF SOMEONE COPYRIGHTS THEN LET THE COPS KNOW ABOUT IT.

There are multiple problems with your post:

1) You posted in all caps, which is not allowed.
2) The admins said no to custom armatars.
3) The second sentence of your post makes no sense in the context of this thread or your post.
BSMarvigo
BSMarvigo
2 posts
Nomad

I agree with bramiboy google chrom is so what more better in my opinion, IE takes some time to start up and crashes, while google chrom is fast and never crashes for me.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I've been reading, and assuming that you can transfer accounts, it wasn't really clear to me if I can keep my armatar there.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

The armatar you use on AG2 will transfer over to AG3.

maxianoman
maxianoman
4 posts
Shepherd

I whant more armatars in Armor Games V3

maxianoman
maxianoman
4 posts
Shepherd

And maybe you should do an Armatar contest and the best 100 armatars.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

And maybe you should do an Armatar contest and the best 100 armatars.

The admins would have to approve that and actually be active in the community. Unlikely.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

An Armatar Contest? I currently live near the AG company. I can just drive over there to send in as many pictures as I want!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I can just drive over there to send in as many pictures as I want!

Good luck, but like with most things they'll probably ignore it.
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Good luck, but like with most things they'll probably ignore it.

AG is so ignorant...

But an armatar contest will probably just be hosted by a mod or admin (if we end of getting one) and be sort of an annual thing in the AMW.
Showing 211-225 of 261