Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Armatar Updates (no custom armatars)

Posted Dec 12, '11 at 9:11pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

I think if you are a game programmer who has submitted games to armor games then you can use a custom avatar

The thread title states no custom armatars, but they will have game based armatars, as in pictures taken from games and put on the site as armatars.

Posted Dec 13, '11 at 2:46am

LucasDaLegend

LucasDaLegend

378 posts

I think that you should be able to unlock them throughout the game. Not just how active you are (like AG2), but perhaps getting it through:
Earning a merit
Earning 5 merits
Earning 20 merits etc.
adding a friend (to encourage new players to keep active)
Playing X amount of games
1st comment

You hopefully get the point...
Just thought that someone may consider that idea?

Posted Dec 13, '11 at 2:53am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

The merit system won't be in AG3; they are replacing it with reputation points. And you shouldn't be rewarded for adding people as friends or any of those other things. Points in AG3 will be solely from game based things, such as achievements and perhaps rating games. Reputation points will be from community involvement; people will be able to vote up your comments on games and posts in the forums. As for unlocking armatars, they probably won't have that since they showed all of them in closed beta and if they keep it how it was then it'll stay that way.

Posted Dec 13, '11 at 11:51am

LucasDaLegend

LucasDaLegend

378 posts

The merit system won't be in AG3.you shouldn't be rewarded for adding people as friends

I know, i was simply giving examples as to what could be done. So mabye you could get an achievment for getting X amount of reputation point.

Can you send the link to closed beta where all of the armatars are? So, if we arn't going to have any pictures of some sort, then what are we going to have; just our usernames?

Posted Dec 13, '11 at 8:15pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

I can't, because AG3 is in open beta right now. And you didn't interpret my post correctly; in closed beta they displayed all the armatars currently in control panel, you didn't require to get anything to see them or anything. So if they keep it like that then you won't need to get more points to see more of them.

Posted Dec 19, '11 at 7:37am

younieboy

younieboy

309 posts

hi i have a quetio. how do you get armatars?
do you need to unlock them or...?

sorry i am new....

Posted Dec 19, '11 at 7:48am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,057 posts

Knight

hi i have a quetio. how do you get armatars?
do you need to unlock them or...?

sorry i am new....

You unlock them when you get more and more AP. Click control panel, which is under your login bar, and you should be able to pick whatever armatars you have unlocked already.

Posted Dec 19, '11 at 9:17am

LucasDaLegend

LucasDaLegend

378 posts

@GhostOfMatrix

I still don't understand but it doesn't really matter, i like my new armatar - Wolf, and i am not bothered about not seeing them all.

Posted Dec 19, '11 at 9:22am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

In closed beta all the armatars were displayed, everyone could see them if they wanted to. The site is currently in open beta, and it's still taboo to show people all the armatars since it's still AG2, so I'm not allowed to show you all the armatars. And unlocking armatars will probably be nonexistent in AG3, since they showed them all in closed beta and I think they'll keep it like that.

Posted Dec 20, '11 at 6:56am

younieboy

younieboy

309 posts

thank you nichodemus but i have another question:
what does the flag near the messages mean?

Reply to Armatar Updates (no custom armatars)

You must be logged in to post a reply!