Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Armatar Updates (no custom armatars)

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 8:12pm

321Waffle

321Waffle

5 posts

Is the only way to unlock new Armatars by getting AP?

Posted Jan 19, '12 at 12:46am

Omnihero10

Omnihero10

314 posts

yea... that getting old. y not  beat a game and unlock the Army of ages armatar or any game thats promoted by Armor games... y not have armatars like "achievment" but you can read up on what you gotta do, just let it happen

Posted Feb 1, '12 at 10:16am

Marius2323

Marius2323

196 posts

When I come on the beta, I see my old armatar!
That's weird..

Posted Feb 1, '12 at 2:54pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

Is the only way to unlock new Armatars by getting AP?

Currently, but on AG3 they may scrap that idea and make them public.

Posted Feb 7, '12 at 11:58am

Man_O_War

Man_O_War

3 posts

I really don't like the idea of custom Armatars based on my experience with Call of Duty Black Ops. In COD/BO, you can use the system to create a custom logo, avatar that is harassing, sexist and very immoral to many other users. I feel that in this game setting, people will use programs to create .jpgs  or bitmaps that will be offensive in nature. Even if they are pulled down or kicked, I dont want to see it even for a minute. An avatar shaped like a **** or other body parts, would be highly offensive to many. So please dont allow for it. Just use only your own imbedded custom avatars. They are good enough for This type of game playing.

Posted Feb 7, '12 at 12:41pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

I can only assume that was the reason the staff has put custom armatars at the bottom of their to-do list and "No custom armatars" has been added to the title.
One thing that has been pointed out, however, is that if they do actually add a way to add your own armatars, they will not be instantly usable, but will have to go through a throughout check on both copyright, trademarks and whether it is following the rules or not, you will not be able to add armatars before you either have a specific amount of points, a specifically high reputation or both.
And if you do post something that will break the rules, is copyrighted or looks anything like something that would offend people or get AG in trouble, you would probably be banned.

So fearing abusive, offensive armatars is probably not something that you should even relate to AG.

Posted Feb 7, '12 at 6:33pm

joshuabaillargeon

joshuabaillargeon

60 posts

you should use custom armatars after filtering. have you decided yet?

Posted Feb 8, '12 at 1:17am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,012 posts

Knight

you should use custom armatars after filtering

Filtering would most likely be manual, given the hundreds of ways humans can ingeniously disguise undesirable imagery. After thousands of years of existence, and we still use our creativity, for the most part, on our most base and primal urges. I doubt a bot can be created to begin the sorting the process, and it would be unfair on the mods/admins to filter every single one of the armatars.

Posted Feb 8, '12 at 11:06pm

Schmiddy1234

Schmiddy1234

887 posts

May i ask:
How do u even get to have a custom armatar in the first place?

Posted Feb 9, '12 at 2:30am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,012 posts

Knight

May i ask:
How do u even get to have a custom armatar in the first place?

The Custom Armatars we have in AG2 were user-drawn and taken from the Seasonal Armatar Contests. I would think that in AG3, the original idea that many wanted implemented is to upload a picture of their own as a custom Armatar. Hopefully, this won't be the case though.

Reply to Armatar Updates (no custom armatars)

You must be logged in to post a reply!