Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Armatar Updates (no custom armatars)

Posted Jun 24, '11 at 6:44pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

Ah, I see what you mean. Sorry, been a long week.

We probably wouldn't even track the old AG2 point value on the Armatar listing. They're all unlocked, and I'm sure a few users with more than 10,000 AP on AG2 will create an archive somewhere.

Posted Jun 29, '11 at 7:32pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

Folks, for the last time, NO CUSTOM ARMATARS WILL BE ALLOWED ON AG3.

Future replies to this thread about custom armatars will be deleted regardless of any other content in the message, even if it's the most earth-shattering good idea ever heard.

Please, stop asking. We've read your feedback about it in the old thread, and we decided that it's going to be something we MAY include in the future, but it will be at least a year away.

Posted Jul 1, '11 at 3:39pm

rivercrab01

rivercrab01

1,297 posts

I like the idea of acheivment armatars, and like you explained, there will be armatars tied to unlocking acheivments in game, but will there be acheivments outside of gaming? e.g. 100 game comments- armatar unlocked 5 games posted- armatar unlocked 5 merits awarded- armatar unlocked.... speaking of merits, will there be a upgraded merit system of some sort? If there's a thread on AG3 merits, please tell me.

Posted Jul 4, '11 at 5:12am

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

like you explained, there will be armatars tied to unlocking acheivments in game

No, there won't.

will there be acheivments outside of gaming?

No, and Achievement questions need to be asked in the appropriate thread.

will there be a upgraded merit system of some sort?

Off-topic question is off-topic. Post this in the Reputation thread.

Posted Jul 5, '11 at 4:31pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

5,231 posts

Regarding the seasonal armatars, will the system be the same in the sense that if you have a seasonal armatar selected you retain it even after those armatars are no longer available? Or will the user be reset to the default armatar?

Posted Jul 5, '11 at 11:00pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

Good question! We'll have a control to disable and delete armatars. If we just disable an armatar, it just won't become available for others to choose. However, if we fully *delete* an armatar, any user with that armatar will likely be reset to a default armatar and get a system message that the armatar was deleted and they'll get to choose a new one.

Posted Jul 6, '11 at 10:18pm

Koru7

Koru7

1,427 posts

So if we you choose a seasonal armatar, it will be in your selection of armatars forever unless you fully delete it?

And will there be a better way of notification that there are seasonal armatars and competition armatars like they gave out in a forum competition?

Posted Jul 7, '11 at 12:15am

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

No, if you choose a seasonal armatar, that will be your choice until you change it in the future. You only get one armatar at a time.

To my knowledge, we don't have any current plans to notify users when they're available, or to have contests, but this might change in the future.

Posted Jul 20, '11 at 9:45am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,492 posts

Third, we are still discussing whether we want to allow custom armatars in the future, because of copyright and licensing issues that will come up from that, so that idea is ON HOLD.

A majority of Armor Games users are teenage guys. They will use every possible way to make an obscene Armatar, regardless of warnings and/or threats from Admins. For those who have played Call of Duty: Black Ops (not promoting or endorsing, just using as an example), you know exactly what I'm talking about.

One of my only concerns about Armor Games is that they may end up like facebook (again, not endorsing or promoting in any way). facebook has gotten far too complicated, because the designers simply add new features that no one requests and ignores user feedback entirely. 6,000 people replied to a changed feature, and over 5,900 of the comments were against it. fb ignored the responses. Just an urgent request to Armor Games to not go too far and start overlording members.
-Angel

Posted Jul 20, '11 at 9:49am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,492 posts

RE: my post on Custom Amratars.

Sorry! I didn't read the Admin's post about Custom Armatars. My apologies. I'll read the entire forum next time. Sorry for the inconvenience...won't happen again.
-Angel

Reply to Armatar Updates (no custom armatars)

You must be logged in to post a reply!