ForumsNews and FeedbackArmatar Updates (no custom armatars)

261 88394
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

This is another re-take on the Armatar discussion because we need to clarify a few points.

First, this topic is to discuss how the AG3 beta manages armatars.

Secondly, if you just want to ask for new armatars, discuss it with Dan.

Third, we are still discussing whether we want to allow custom armatars in the future, because of copyright and licensing issues that will come up from that, so that idea is ON HOLD.

If messages in here aren't about the interface we've built, how we could improve it, etc., then I'll probably trim the message.

Questions about how to unlock armatars, etc., are totally welcome and I'll provide answers as I have them. As of the time I write this, the understanding I have is that all AG2 armatars will be unlocked on AG3 by default, and we will unlock seasonal armatars through some process eventually.

We are also going to start asking game developers for one or more armatars related to their game, which users can select, but I don't think they'll be locked in any way. We've talked about unlocking special armatars based on achievements, but since achievements aren't finished yet, we can't go into much detail on that.

• 261 Replies
Oblitr8
Oblitr8
162 posts
Nomad

Since I am probably the first to ask can i have the AG3's new logo as my armatar?

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Since I am probably the first to ask can i have the AG3's new logo as my armatar?

It's probably a no, and second, it probably wouldn't be a regular armatar. But they'll still have the color shields they originally have for free.
EionKilant739
EionKilant739
9 posts
Nomad

I think the current Armatar system is decent, although the options are a tad lacking (yes, I know I don't have much available yet).

I think it there would be a positive effect if you lightly pressured people who submit games here to creat an Armatar for their game. It would gradualy increase the selection and let them know that they have the option too.

Oblitr8
Oblitr8
162 posts
Nomad

Since I am probably the first to ask can i have the AG v3's new logo as my armatar please?

Can a moderator, administrator, or other high ranking official answer?

Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

What do you think about making space armatars, such as comets or galaxies?

Possum9
Possum9
70 posts
Nomad

What do you think about making space armatars, such as comets or galaxies?

Well i think that is just amazing, we could have different planets like saturn and uranus (soz i love science).

But I'm thinking you could make ones to do with games, and i'm not just talking about flash games, you could make ones to do with other games like ones on the nintendo and x-box.

Wadda u think??
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

But I'm thinking you could make ones to do with games, and i'm not just talking about flash games, you could make ones to do with other games like ones on the nintendo and x-box.

There will be game-based armatars on AG3.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I believe that's when copyright laws come in place. Since they don't want custom armatars (armatars taken from Google Images, etc.) they'll probably say no to this unless they can get permission to have those characters on the site as armatars.
horkak
horkak
7 posts
Peasant

I am here to ask about armatar mine is gone (I had the snake)please reply it was an epic one. I can't even choose it now, do I now need more points?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

do I now need more points?

Yes.
When your posts or comments are deleted, the points that you earned with them are also removed, which means that you might lose enough to take a step down the armatar ladder. This means you lose the unlocked armatar, and it defaults to the starry shield armatar instead.
superdjkid
superdjkid
4 posts
Shepherd

This has nothing to do with anything, but why can everybody use the Nitrome Armatar?

horkak
horkak
7 posts
Peasant

[quote]When your posts or comments are deleted, the points that you earned with them are also removed
Why would my comments be deleated (never posted before)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

This has nothing to do with anything, but why can everybody use the Nitrome Armatar?

I think Nitrome made a deal with AG or something to have their logo on the site as an armatar.
Why would my comments be deleated (never posted before)

From looking at your profile you have posted comments before. Moderators often go through game comments clearing out the spam, so if you posted anything below seven words or if it's just a message like "I like this game and think it's very good." then that could've been deleted. People can also clear your comments off of their profile if they want to.
horkak
horkak
7 posts
Peasant

@Ghostofmatrix I meant I never posted on the forum before this week and ty for clearing things up for me

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

so if u post something, and it gets deleted, u lose the points for that post? is that right?

Showing 106-120 of 261