ForumsNews and FeedbackArmatar Updates (no custom armatars)

271 45705
cormyn
cormyn
2,908 posts
Peasant

This is another re-take on the Armatar discussion because we need to clarify a few points.

First, this topic is to discuss how the AG3 beta manages armatars.

Secondly, if you just want to ask for new armatars, discuss it with Dan.

Third, we are still discussing whether we want to allow custom armatars in the future, because of copyright and licensing issues that will come up from that, so that idea is ON HOLD.

If messages in here aren't about the interface we've built, how we could improve it, etc., then I'll probably trim the message.

Questions about how to unlock armatars, etc., are totally welcome and I'll provide answers as I have them. As of the time I write this, the understanding I have is that all AG2 armatars will be unlocked on AG3 by default, and we will unlock seasonal armatars through some process eventually.

We are also going to start asking game developers for one or more armatars related to their game, which users can select, but I don't think they'll be locked in any way. We've talked about unlocking special armatars based on achievements, but since achievements aren't finished yet, we can't go into much detail on that.

• 271 Replies
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Jester

I had the idea of a new 10,000 AP armatar.....maybe a platypus?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,428 posts
Herald

They could just hire a new one if none are willing to do the job.

What if there isn't anybody out there willing to do the job? They can't just keep hiring people until they find someone to do the job in question; that would eventually lead to total chaos on the moderation team.

I had the idea of a new 10,000 AP armatar.....maybe a platypus?

1) No new armatars will be created for AG2.
2) In AG3, all armatars will be available from the beginning; no points will be required to unlock them.
3) The artist who created the majority of the armatars here is long gone, so we can't expect that person to create anything new until it has been confirmed that he/she is creating armatars again.
jeol
jeol
3,842 posts
Herald

1) No new armatars will be created for AG2.
2) In AG3, all armatars will be available from the beginning; no points will be required to unlock them.
3) The artist who created the majority of the armatars here is long gone, so we can't expect that person to create anything new until it has been confirmed that he/she is creating armatars again.

I wonder if they'll open back up the seasonal armatar contest once AG3 is done...
They could just hire a new one if none are willing to do the job.

The mods that have been picked are the ones deemed to have been worthy of their position. There may be other users that might be good enough for their expectations, but that doesn't guarantee that a mod will necessarily agree to manage the position, like Ernie15 said.
luchi880
luchi880
1 posts
Shepherd

I want a page with all armatars because I want saw at what level i have a good armatar.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,526 posts
Constable

I want a page with all armatars because I want saw at what level i have a good armatar.

In AG3 all the current armatars in the control panel will be able to be used by anyone, regardless of their "level".
jeol
jeol
3,842 posts
Herald

armatars should be kept in AG3

It is pretty much confirmed that armatars will still be in AG3. You just won't have to earn any AP or reputation to get them.
benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Peasant

I know all the armatars will be available at the start, but I always enjoy unlocking more and more, so I think that we should hold a few, and come up with some kind of way, or a certain something you have to do to unlock them.

SuperKruddKid
SuperKruddKid
44 posts
Farmer

I know that this does not relate to armatars that much and it would be a lot of work, but you should make unlockable backgrounds compared to the dark blue. Just throwing that out there.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,526 posts
Constable

I know that this does not relate to armatars that much and it would be a lot of work, but you should make unlockable backgrounds compared to the dark blue. Just throwing that out there.

Go to beta.armorgames.com and you'll see some backgrounds to the right of the search bar. There are currently five which you can choose from, but they'll probably add more.
eelephants
eelephants
23 posts
Peasant

Oh totally custom armatars.
But no actual pictures of people.
Administrators should approve pictures or something.
That or more armatars available.
The one's for girls are terrible! and there's so little selection of girl pictures if your only starting out.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,526 posts
Constable

Oh totally custom armatars.

Title: Ideas and Discussions about: Armatars (no custom armatars)

They don't want to have them at this time, but that's not saying they allow us in say, a year or something.
That or more armatars available.

The artist they had left, if I recall correctly. Which is why they should have those armatar contests back. But the problem with that is that the administrators are very busy and don't post in the forums that often, most of the mods are inactive and also busy with other things, so that most likely will not happen. We'll just have to be patient.
Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Peasant

The artist they had left, if I recall correctly. Which is why they should have those armatar contests back. But the problem with that is that the administrators are very busy and don't post in the forums that often, most of the mods are inactive and also busy with other things, so that most likely will not happen. We'll just have to be patient.

Why did the artist leave? and anyway, I think CUSTOM armatars are ok, not pictures from the internet. Maybe like an armatar design studio so we can litarally make CUSTOM armatars.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,526 posts
Constable

Why did the artist leave?

I don't know, probably found a better job, got bored, or something else. Just remembering that information from what people have posted.
I think CUSTOM armatars are ok, not pictures from the internet. Maybe like an armatar design studio so we can litarally make CUSTOM armatars.

Ideas and Discussions about: Armatars (no custom armatars)
Meaning nothing grabbed from the Internet/uploaded or drawn. Only the already put up AG armatars and the ones they get from games will be available.

I like the idea, but they currently don't want it, so it's automatically going to be denied. It's been brought up several times before, too. Now, that's not to say they won't have this or automatically deny it in the future, but not now.
mightybob
mightybob
363 posts
Shepherd

I think if you are a game programmer who has submitted games to armor games then you can use a custom avatar, then there will be a lot less to screen and programmers can get their logo out.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,526 posts
Constable

I think if you are a game programmer who has submitted games to armor games then you can use a custom avatar

The thread title states no custom armatars, but they will have game based armatars, as in pictures taken from games and put on the site as armatars.
Showing 166-180 of 271