ForumsNews and FeedbackNo more Armor Points.

229 69618
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone, I have more news to share about points and ranking on AG3, and wanted to lump in ranking and leaderboard discussions here as well.

The previous topic was here:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6441505/ideas-and-discussions-about-migrating-armor-points-to-agv3

---

I hope you're sitting down ...

---

For the "TL;DR" people among you: everyone will essentially have their Armor Points reset to zero. AG3 will likely not migrate any points from AG2 with our current setup and direction.

Unless something drastic happens, or there's enough people who vocalize their unhappiness about this to Dan, this is how AG3 will start out.

After our meeting about Achievements yesterday, I was brought in the loop on how &quotoints" will work on AG3.

In a nutshell...

AG3 "Armor Points" as a sum total will calculate your "AG Score". We will still refer to them as &quotoints", but the site will show them as your "score".

AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

The achievements we award for AG2 legacy features (previous rank, forum post count, etc) will not award AG3 points.

I do NOT believe we will award points for rating games, or if we do, it will be a minimal amount like the 2 points we give you now. If this is the case, we WILL migrate some points.

The examples Larry gave yesterday about Achievements showed some being worth as many as 15 or 30 points EACH.

---

I will re-open this topic when I have more information to answer questions.

• 229 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I Think Keeping The Rating System (serf, knight, prince, king, etc) is Good Because It Shows How A Player Likes Communicating.

The plan is to include a ranking system, but AP will be for game achievements rather than community involvement.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

The plan is to include a ranking system, but AP will be for game achievements rather than community involvement.

And I believe they'll keep the medieval themed ranking system. Maybe a few changes.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

And I believe they'll keep the medieval themed ranking system. Maybe a few changes.

I can swear I've seen cormyn state that very fact back in the days when he was active, but Dan still didn't know what he wanted to do with it and what the format was going to be...

I'm really hoping they're going to keep it in a similar form of the current ranking with all the nice thumbnail images and then add some more to expand it! It was what looked nice and got me interested when I joined back in 2009. I even suggested a complete new and extended ranking based on the current one at the beginning of this thread. =)
nonfatcow
nonfatcow
13 posts
Peasant

the armatar award system should be changed. you get pictures at the most random amounts.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

the armatar award system should be changed. you get pictures at the most random amounts.

And it probably will be changed with the new AG# nonfatcow, but how it's going to be and what's it going to look like still isn't clear and probably won't be untill either the launch itself or when an admin posts it in an official notification.

As for the current system and (how you call it) 'random amounts' you can unlock the armatars with... the spaces between those AP counts are actually well chosen if you ask me! They have a steady increase in number towards the highest amount and make for a nice curve to stimulate activity to the user. =)
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

you get pictures at the most random amounts.

They aren't random at all. 1750 makes more sense than 1700, and 375 makes far more sense than 382. You want random, convince the admins to put an armatar at 4361 AP.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

You want random, convince the admins to put an armatar at 4361 AP.

Why not have a wheel of fortune you can spin then?! =)

Spin it and see what it awards you with! Maybe it's a nice new armatar you like, maybe it's a terrible one... but you would have to use it anyway! Think before you play... keeps things excited!
andymaster1234
andymaster1234
7 posts
Peasant

i think ghost martix idea is greatXD

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I can swear I've seen cormyn state that very fact back in the days when he was active, but Dan still didn't know what he wanted to do with it and what the format was going to be...

On this page I suggested more ranks and he said he would consider it. However that was a year and some months ago, we're in desperate need of an update here.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I Think Keeping The Rating System (serf, knight, prince, king, etc) is Good Because It Shows How A Player Likes Communicating.

1) Rating a game isn't communicating

2) 1 word: spammers
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Rating a game isn't communicating

Pretty sure he meant "rating system" as in the ranks, duke, prince, etc. But that doesn't show how they communicate, the counter on the profile does, and that's going to be irrelevant with the new armor points system.
nonfatcow
nonfatcow
13 posts
Peasant

admins should not be able to reset points without a good reason... some are biased

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

admins should not be able to reset points without a good reason

AP will be reset because the AP system will change.
Showing 211-223 of 229