No more Armor Points.

Posted Jun 22, '11 at 1:20pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

@Valboss84:
From cormyn's opening post:
AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

And:
The achievements we award for AG2 legacy features (previous rank, forum post count, etc) will not award AG3 points.

So from that, armor points will be coming from game related things. Like how some other popular sites are.

Posted Jun 23, '11 at 2:20am

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

Ok, but I was talking about points migrated from AG2. Cormyn talked about that on a thread on time. He said: "according to the AP (the rank) you have on AG2, you'll receive some special points.", or something like that. If I find it, I'll post it here.

Posted Jun 23, '11 at 3:13am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Emperor, do you think it would be a good idea if he have specifical rights or he (or she) unlock specifical things as armatars or popularity amount or points?

No, we won't grant any special privilege other than the title. MAYBE an Armatar, but nothing else. No special spot on the home page, no extra rights/privileges, no Achievement creation, etc.

"according to the AP (the rank) you have on AG2, you'll receive some special points.", or something like that.

What I wrote was an example. I've since finalized things from the team where we've said any Achievements we award for AG2 "legacy" things (like ranks, points, forum posts, etc., will NOT grant points, just an achievement.

As for the Emperor and additional ranks, I appreciate everyone's input. I'll make the Wikipedia list available to Dan, to see if he's interested in keeping the ranks, and report back here.

Posted Jun 23, '11 at 9:23pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,052 posts

If there is an Emperor rank, I think that the user with the highest reputation should also get a special rank or title. If the Emperor also happened to have the highest reputation, then it could be Exalted Emperor instead of just Emperor.

Posted Jun 23, '11 at 9:29pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,485 posts

If there is an Emperor rank, I think that the user with the highest reputation should also get a special rank or title. If the Emperor also happened to have the highest reputation, then it could be Exalted Emperor instead of just Emperor.

If that's the case, then I think there should be two Emperor ranks. Here's my suggestion of the name of each title:

The user with the most points would be the Emperor of Armor Games.
The user with the highest Reputation would be the Emperor of Reputation.
If a user has both the most points and the highest Reputation, I agree with the last part of the quoted post in that case.

Posted Jun 24, '11 at 3:44pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

The user with the most points would be the Emperor of Armor Games.
The user with the highest Reputation would be the Emperor of Reputation.

We're not currently planning on assigning a rank based on Reputation. Our ranks will be points-based, which will be game-based.

That's not to say we'll never do it, I'll mention it to Dan, but having to track two different ranks will get confusing.

Posted Jun 25, '11 at 4:29am

pft

pft

483 posts

one thing that may be good is that it tells you how far you are from your next rank up/how many points in total needed. e.g wood serf rank is 20 you have 6 points it states you are 14 away and that you need 20 in total if that makes sence.

not that the ranks will stay same as of yet we dont know but whatever it changes to it is nice to know how far away next rank up is and it encouages you to go for next rank if your like 50 away rather than guessing.

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 3:13am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Pft, that's not a bad idea. It would also save the people spamming the rank point values over and over and over and over... We'll keep this in mind if we keep rankings.

Posted Jun 27, '11 at 8:23pm

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,439 posts

I'm unsure if this has been mentioned before, but in context to the forums and AG Score, what if you get extra points based upon how amazing everyone thinks your post is? They could be a completely seperate point system, but to keep it simple I'd suggest implementing it into the standard AG Score idea.

Basically, I'm thinking that when I see a really well thought out post or a really good joke on the forums, I wish I could award this guy some kind of brownie point for being so darn awesome, so when I saw that you guys were thinking of different ways of making AG Score, why not have some kind of like/thumbsup/Brownie Point feature that gives them some kind of AG Score for however many brownie points they get for this post.

And this is making it a bit of a programming stretch, but maybe these specific posts/threads could gain a bit of spotlight on the AG user's page? A way to say: "Hey, this guy's awesome for this really hard-hitting essay on homosexuality" or "Hey, this dude's hilarious, lookit this:"

I can understand if tha tlast feature is a bit too dreamy or if it wouldn't fit in with the format.

I was also thinking, if this was implemented, then standard posting should be worthless, if it isn't already. Not only would that degrade the rate of spam, it would endorse other users to stand out among the rest as being superbly awesome.

Posted Jun 27, '11 at 9:04pm

GentlemanClam

GentlemanClam

516 posts

Lol, I love this idea, a good way for true gamers to get points fast and easily in a none noobish way.

Reply to No more Armor Points.

You must be logged in to post a reply!