Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

No more Armor Points.

Posted Jun 27, '11 at 9:04pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Thoad, there's a thread for a voting up/down feature. Here it is.

The reputation system(what you get from votes) will be seperate from the regular armor points.

I like the idea of displaying the great posts/threads on a users page.

Posted Jun 27, '11 at 11:40pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

what if you get extra points based upon how amazing everyone thinks your post is? They could be a completely seperate point system.I was also thinking, if this was implemented, then standard posting should be worthless, if it isn't already.

As GoM linked, this is called our Reputation system. (thanks GoM)

It's also off-topic, so need to squash any further comments about it.

Posted Jul 8, '11 at 3:26am

darkheartless

darkheartless

9 posts

I think giving AP for games need to be increased. Why not give AP according to the number of plays a game gets, not the number of games uploaded. Im sure we will see higher quality games and less low quality games.

Posted Jul 8, '11 at 7:43am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,236 posts

I think giving AP for games need to be increased. Why not give AP according to the number of plays a game gets, not the number of games uploaded. Im sure we will see higher quality games and less low quality games.

We will get AP for getting in-game achievements in AG3, not for the amount of times we play the game - i'm guessing there will be goals.

AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

You can read more about achievements here.

Posted Jul 10, '11 at 5:23pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

JI, he's saying that the game developers should get points based on how many plays the game gets. ie, every 10,000 plays gives them an extra point or something. We'll have to figure out a leaderboard for the game developers, but I don't think it'll be "AG Score" / Armor Points based.

Posted Jul 12, '11 at 7:56am

valboss84

valboss84

1,528 posts

I would like, cormyn. Or, the developpers would certainly be on the top of the leaderboard. And that's unfair for people which work hard to unlock achievements.

BTW, I think submitting a game won't give points, isn't it?
Or you've maybe decided another thing?

Posted Jul 13, '11 at 8:29pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

We haven't decided what game submissions will award, if anything. We may have a separate system, though just having the number of games submitted is really enough when you think about it. Just list users in the descending order of how many approved games they submitted, and there's your leaderboard.

Posted Jul 14, '11 at 6:31pm

HayMeadow

HayMeadow

1 post

I Believe that people who rank too high on a game 'hackers' should not be displayed in the leaderboard however if someone has worked hard and displayed a lot of hard work to become first that is great. The annoying thing is some people even say they hack the sites which is unfair for everyone trying to be no.1. I do realize that this is not one of the questions to be answered but it was the most appropriate blog space i could find to express my point

Posted Jul 15, '11 at 1:45pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

if someone has worked hard and displayed a lot of hard work to become first that is great.

We can usually tell when someone has worked hard to get a top score. There was one game a little while ago (few months maybe) where one user's score was WAY ahead of everyone else. Upon review, we realized that the game allowed you to submit a score, then keep playing. After a while, you could re-submit your new, higher score. This user really *had* worked his way up to what appeared at first glance to be a hacked score.

Others are much, much easier to spot: no progress, just BLAM, #1 spot. Those get deleted.

Posted Jul 26, '11 at 10:53am

Radeo

Radeo

4 posts

I would like to get back to the problem of Emperor's rank - on the homepage, for example, somewhere near the logo, there could be a little spot which woul'd be saying: The current Emperor is: "somebody", and showing his armatar ect.

Reply to No more Armor Points.

You must be logged in to post a reply!