ForumsNews and FeedbackNo more Armor Points.

229 69392
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone, I have more news to share about points and ranking on AG3, and wanted to lump in ranking and leaderboard discussions here as well.

The previous topic was here:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6441505/ideas-and-discussions-about-migrating-armor-points-to-agv3

---

I hope you're sitting down ...

---

For the "TL;DR" people among you: everyone will essentially have their Armor Points reset to zero. AG3 will likely not migrate any points from AG2 with our current setup and direction.

Unless something drastic happens, or there's enough people who vocalize their unhappiness about this to Dan, this is how AG3 will start out.

After our meeting about Achievements yesterday, I was brought in the loop on how &quotoints" will work on AG3.

In a nutshell...

AG3 "Armor Points" as a sum total will calculate your "AG Score". We will still refer to them as &quotoints", but the site will show them as your "score".

AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

The achievements we award for AG2 legacy features (previous rank, forum post count, etc) will not award AG3 points.

I do NOT believe we will award points for rating games, or if we do, it will be a minimal amount like the 2 points we give you now. If this is the case, we WILL migrate some points.

The examples Larry gave yesterday about Achievements showed some being worth as many as 15 or 30 points EACH.

---

I will re-open this topic when I have more information to answer questions.

• 229 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote][quote]I had an idea of people who had a certain title would play someone with a lower rank or title and the winner would gain the higher title in exchange for the lower title
[/quote]

Once again, I don't like this idea for the same reason as the last one.

I don't get this one so much. Do you mean someone who's Kind/Queen could play a serf, and if the king/queen lost, they'd become a serf, simply because of one loss?[/quote]

That's exactly why I don't like the idea I triple-quoted.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hmm, the gambling aspect of trading points will get ugly if users start accusing one another of hacking, etc.. That's probably enough motivation to NOT have this as a feature.

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

There should be a higher rank than king/queen cuz theres a lot of users that are king/queen that would like it i think

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

There should be a higher rank than king/queen cuz theres a lot of users that are king/queen that would like it i think

We don't even know if there will be ranks in AG3. But I think the idea has been surpassed, the only thing higher than King is God, and that's cormyn basically.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Cormyn:

We're not currently planning on assigning a rank based on Reputation. Our ranks will be points-based, which will be game-based.

There will be ranks on AG3. A few pages later we were informed that Dan wants to stick with the medieval theme also.
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

[quote]We're not currently planning on assigning a rank based on Reputation. Our ranks will be points-based, which will be game-based.

There will be ranks on AG3. A few pages later we were informed that Dan wants to stick with the medieval theme also.[/quote]

So the ranks will be given out based on Reputation by in game achievements. Fair enough.

Answering the previous the question, no. Nothing will be higher than King/Queen.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Not reputation. Just in game achievements. Reputation will be forum based only i think.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The guys at the office like GoM's list of ranks, and I believe they're also leaning towards the "top player becomes emperor" idea that was suggested as well.

Pwnidge12
Pwnidge12
28 posts
Nomad

i think we should move our ranks on our profile page so we don't have to scroll all the way down to see the ranks just because the bio is too long

mrTrippy
mrTrippy
518 posts
Nomad

Hmmm. Maybe ranks such as jester? Otherwise you could take the top 50 and make a round table clan type deal. Or along withthe ranks make some classes.

New ranks have been suggested already. I do like the round table idea though.
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

Maybe ranks such as jester?

thats what the mods should be. thats all they seem to do around here anyway
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

thats what the mods should be. thats all they seem to do around here anyway

Maybe they should make a troll rank too.

Has the design been discussed? Or will it stay similar to what it is?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Maybe they should make a troll rank too.

literal LOL

Has the design been discussed? Or will it stay similar to what it is?

Ron has been rebuilding the entire profile page, so even what users saw on the closed beta will be changing drastically. I can't give too much away, but imagine if "Armor Games" were a game... with goals to achieve, etc.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

literal LOL

Well, trolls would be sticking with the theme though, right? :P

Ron has been rebuilding the entire profile page, so even what users saw on the closed beta will be changing drastically. I can't give too much away, but imagine if "Armor Games" were a game... with goals to achieve, etc.

Too excited ;o
Showing 76-90 of 229