ForumsNews and FeedbackNo more Armor Points.

229 69401
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone, I have more news to share about points and ranking on AG3, and wanted to lump in ranking and leaderboard discussions here as well.

The previous topic was here:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6441505/ideas-and-discussions-about-migrating-armor-points-to-agv3

---

I hope you're sitting down ...

---

For the "TL;DR" people among you: everyone will essentially have their Armor Points reset to zero. AG3 will likely not migrate any points from AG2 with our current setup and direction.

Unless something drastic happens, or there's enough people who vocalize their unhappiness about this to Dan, this is how AG3 will start out.

After our meeting about Achievements yesterday, I was brought in the loop on how &quotoints" will work on AG3.

In a nutshell...

AG3 "Armor Points" as a sum total will calculate your "AG Score". We will still refer to them as &quotoints", but the site will show them as your "score".

AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

The achievements we award for AG2 legacy features (previous rank, forum post count, etc) will not award AG3 points.

I do NOT believe we will award points for rating games, or if we do, it will be a minimal amount like the 2 points we give you now. If this is the case, we WILL migrate some points.

The examples Larry gave yesterday about Achievements showed some being worth as many as 15 or 30 points EACH.

---

I will re-open this topic when I have more information to answer questions.

• 229 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Community involvement such as in posting comments and forum posts won't award AP in AG3. However, there will be a reputation system for those things. AP in AG will be solely from achievements and other game related things from what they've mentioned.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

AP in AG will be solely from achievements and other game related things from what they've mentioned.

Have the admins mentioned anything about user-generated content? I think it would be interesting to award some sort of points for user-created levels in certain games, even if they can find a way to do it selectively.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Not as far as I know. They probably don't even check these threads. The only one who did was Cormyn and he's gone now.

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

Wouldn't it be cool for there to be two separate rank systems? Say one for community based things, and that rank would go up depending on your reputation system, and one for the achievements games thing?

This would make it easier when you see someone else who's very close to your score, if it was just numbers for the reputation system, it would be harder to tell, but if there were certain ranks, it would be easier to distinguish

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I think that's what they plan on doing. It would be practical to do since armor points and reputation will be two separate things.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

They probably don't even check these threads.

That's unfortunate. And it sort of ruins the point of an "AG3 suggestion" thread if nobody is actually reading the suggestions.

If there are admins out there reading this, give us a sign from above!

but if there were certain ranks, it would be easier to distinguish

So there would be two different badges next to your name? Or would the game-based badge not appear at all in the forums?
benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

So there would be two different badges next to your name? Or would the game-based badge not appear at all in the forums?

I think it would be smarter for the game based one not to show up, only the forum one when you are in a forum, that'd be the more important one.

Sorry for double posting.
eelephants
eelephants
23 posts
Nomad

Why don't achievements get you armor points to go toward your rank.
Or at least like 5 points for completing a game.
But of course to do something like that you would have to bump up the number of points you need for a rank or any body could easily reach king.
I just think it would motivate more people. What does everybody think?

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

Why don't achievements get you armor points to go toward your rank.
Or at least like 5 points for completing a game.

They're are going to have two different point systems in AG3. There is going to be the game rank, for the points you get from completing achievements, and then there is going to be the reputation system for forum posts and comments, but that's on another thread.
Matthewrents
Matthewrents
15 posts
Nomad

Im sure this has been mentioned and if my comment gets deleted, I know why. Will the leaderboards be practically reset, once the new points system starts up?

Location of Points: Userpage for all to see, top of each page for the user to see (Im curious to see how many points I have, i scroll to the top or bottom of the page and it is there), beside our names on posts or comments.

Ranking System: I like the system somewhat because it makes sense to follow, but even remembering the symbols for each rank is tough. Then the wood, (iron?), gold system makes sense too, but then again it doesn't seem to have a large significance.
-New system: More distinguishable ranks, more significant sublevels.

Matthewrents
Matthewrents
15 posts
Nomad

@jeol- Armatars, YES. Maybe more variety for what you can do with it even. Not sure if I have many suggestions for this, but possibly borders? Backgrounds?

And thanks for your comments on my earlier post =)

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

everyone will essentially have their Armor Points reset to zero. AG3 will likely not migrate any points from AG2

Wait, so you're saying that all of my points will disappear? That doesn't seem right at all. I worked hard for those points, trying to make intelligent posts wherever I could and finding, replaying, and ranking all of the games I had played here before I created my account. Re-setting everyone's points will be a big slap in the face to the users, especially the ones who have been here a long time and have earned their way to high ranks.
You may consider this a vocalization of unhappiness as per the opening post to this thread.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

A number on an Internet site doesn't matter at all. It's not like you're going to get an awesome job for having armor points. You should write out posts, write reviews, talk with other users, and rate games because you enjoy doing those things - not because it'll increase a number that has no value nor importance at all. They are also changing how armor points are earned in AG3, so of course they will have to reset everyone's points. It's going to give everyone a fresh start, as if the site was new, which it will be.

I advocate a wipe of everyone's armor points simply because it's going to give everyone a fresh start. And they are definitely going to do it anyway since the points system will be different.

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

Wait, so you're saying that all of my points will disappear? That doesn't seem right at all. I worked hard for those points, trying to make intelligent posts wherever I could and finding, replaying, and ranking all of the games I had played here before I created my account. Re-setting everyone's points will be a big slap in the face to the users, especially the ones who have been here a long time and have earned their way to high ranks.

Of course having all the scores completely wiped will give everyone a fresh start, and the scoring system is changing anyway, so keeping the scores isn't really an option. However, I can see a lot of people getting annoyed that their forum post count will be reset, like Ernie for example.
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

I think players who have had an account since AG2 should have a legacy shield thing showing that they have had an account since before AGv3

Showing 121-135 of 229