ForumsNews and FeedbackNo more Armor Points.

229 69390
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone, I have more news to share about points and ranking on AG3, and wanted to lump in ranking and leaderboard discussions here as well.

The previous topic was here:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6441505/ideas-and-discussions-about-migrating-armor-points-to-agv3

---

I hope you're sitting down ...

---

For the "TL;DR" people among you: everyone will essentially have their Armor Points reset to zero. AG3 will likely not migrate any points from AG2 with our current setup and direction.

Unless something drastic happens, or there's enough people who vocalize their unhappiness about this to Dan, this is how AG3 will start out.

After our meeting about Achievements yesterday, I was brought in the loop on how &quotoints" will work on AG3.

In a nutshell...

AG3 "Armor Points" as a sum total will calculate your "AG Score". We will still refer to them as &quotoints", but the site will show them as your "score".

AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

The achievements we award for AG2 legacy features (previous rank, forum post count, etc) will not award AG3 points.

I do NOT believe we will award points for rating games, or if we do, it will be a minimal amount like the 2 points we give you now. If this is the case, we WILL migrate some points.

The examples Larry gave yesterday about Achievements showed some being worth as many as 15 or 30 points EACH.

---

I will re-open this topic when I have more information to answer questions.

• 229 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

lol can you make colony leader boards????

That's the developers job, not AG staff.
brunitxo
brunitxo
58 posts
Nomad

It WOULD be interesting to have a more personalized rank system, likewise some persons said. However I don't know if it'd really make sense, once AG's ranks are more related to a kingdom ish environment than to a RPG's.

firebird2000
firebird2000
23 posts
Nomad

the fact that ag3 is comin......we should make more things that involve armorpoints

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

the fact that ag3 is comin......we should make more things that involve armorpoints

On AG3, Armor Points will be for achievements, but all users will start at 0. Therefore, adding more things that involve Armor Points means adding more achievements.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I only thought of this when I read another user's post in a similar related thread, but it fits this thread just as well, so I'm posting it here... =)

I know it's a bit late to suggest this and it will be nearly impossible to implement in the new Armor Games website, probably, but why not have the users gain some sort of XP through gaming, highscores, whatnot and let them upgrade their profile with armor, weapons and other stuff much like along the lines that games have implemented. You're able to save up XP for wanted special armor and weapons, have seasonal armors and weapons, etc., etc... what do you guys think? And, more importantly, what does AG-HQ think about this suggestion?! =D

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I know it's a bit late to suggest this and it will be nearly impossible to implement in the new Armor Games website

Having weapons and armor on your profile has never been discussed, so I would agree with you there. Now for the idea itself:

but why not have the users gain some sort of XP through gaming, highscores, whatnot and let them upgrade their profile with armor, weapons and other stuff much like along the lines that games have implemented. You're able to save up XP for wanted special armor and weapons, have seasonal armors and weapons, etc., etc... what do you guys think?

I think a weapon war was once suggested. If the weapon war idea is implemented, then this idea is compatible and should be implemented with the weapon war. Otherwise, this idea is pointless and should not be implemented.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Having weapons and armor on your profile has never been discussed, so I would agree with you there. Now for the idea itself:

A customisable avatar of this sort, with special weapons and all the trappings was discussed, however it was kind of put down due to the unanimous belief that if you wanted to play such ''avatar--customising'', there were games out there to play for the experience. Anyway, that's just what they said, I'm too lazy to think of my own responses.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

That would be really cool.

What would be really cool? It is important to specify what you're talking about.

A customisable avatar of this sort, with special weapons and all the trappings was discussed, however it was kind of put down due to the unanimous belief that if you wanted to play such ''avatar--customising'', there were games out there to play for the experience. Anyway, that's just what they said, I'm too lazy to think of my own responses.

I never knew of that discussion. However, I do know of discussion of a "weapon war," but that was put down as useless, which means I would not support weapons and armor on a profile.
Snowflake4579
Snowflake4579
78 posts
Nomad

I actually want the current system to be kept. My reason is because alot of people like the serf,knight,king type of ranking system. If everything is reset to zero for AG2 ranks people who have recently become a King or Prince or whatever might be annoyed and unhappy.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

If everything is reset to zero for AG2 ranks people who have recently become a King or Prince or whatever might be annoyed and unhappy.

There will be plenty of people who will be unhappy about losing all their AP. I wouldn't be surprised if half of those people left AG for good after the AP gets erased.

I'm just disappointed that my AG2 post count will be gone.

is it ginna b like congreate

Unfortunately it will be very similar to Kongregate in some aspects. There will be some sort of achievement system, which will probably be very similar to that of Kongregate. We will also no longer get any sort of points for posting, which is also eerily Kongregate-esque.
striker12321
striker12321
5 posts
Nomad

http://i dont no something about the new armorgames i no it well be cool

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

There will be plenty of people who will be unhappy about losing all their AP. I wouldn't be surprised if half of those people left AG for good after the AP gets erased.

yeah i agree it doesn't sound like a very good idea there was enough upset when the big glitch happened and people lost a bit of AP imagine the upset if everyone lost ALL there points.

Some people have been on this site for awhile and have worked very hard to get there points i don't think i would bother to start all over again and a lot of people will quite. i hope they don't do this and don't change AG to much i like it how it is.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

yeah i agree it doesn't sound like a very good idea there was enough upset when the big glitch happened and people lost a bit of AP imagine the upset if everyone lost ALL there points.

Not everyone cares about a number gained on a flash gaming site.
ablr
ablr
133 posts
Nomad

lol, this sounds almost exactly like how Kongregate is right now :P

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

[quote]Not everyone cares about a number gained on a flash gaming site.[quote]

Yeah i know i don't care to much ether its just a number. But you've already had a chance to be gold king and i would like a chance to get to gold queen and it will be harder if the scores are erased.

I 'spoes everyone will be in the same boat so people who have been on the site for a week will have the same score as someone who has be on it for years i'm just saying that some people, maybe not all, but some wont like it.

and i hope it wont be to much like Kongregate this site is unique and that's why i like it. But it will be good to have a bit of a change as long as there good changes. That makes the site better and attracts more users. More the merry! (that's what my friend says anyway

Showing 166-180 of 229