Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Developer Profiles and Spam

Posted May 11, '08 at 7:29pm

ubertuna

ubertuna

2,092 posts

Knight

I just had a great way to reduce spam on the site!  Since there are a ton of users spamming on the developer profiles (ArmorGames, CrazyMonkey, etc etc), which are on the website for the sole purpose of submitting games, spam could be reduced greatly if developers had "locked" profiles which could not be commented on.  This would prevent hundreds of spam posts from being made on the developer's profiles.

Posted May 11, '08 at 7:40pm

Spartan

Spartan

2,866 posts

Yes thats a very great idea.It should though be used by everyone,so we all have the same benefit.

Posted May 11, '08 at 7:51pm

ubertuna

ubertuna

2,092 posts

Knight

No...  If that applied to everybody, nobody would be able to post on any other user's profiles...

Posted May 11, '08 at 7:59pm

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

True. Well I like this idea. You have no idea how many people post on Krin's page asking when Sonny 2 is coming out! Haha

Posted May 11, '08 at 8:08pm

Fishinmage

Fishinmage

37 posts

From a neutral point of view, i like this idea if it gives everyone the same power. I dont entirely see why someone unknown (like myself) would want to use that power, but just incase i need it, it is there.

Posted May 11, '08 at 8:26pm

Victrixs

Victrixs

98 posts

Frist of all thats a big NO,NO!

Re: ubertuna

I say this because sometime's developers want to post or comment other poeples game and it won't be fair to lock there profile. Yes alot of people do spam there profiles but that why we have MODS. If you lock all the developers profile they (myself to) might leave because thats not fair why lock our profiles for somthing a spammers does. This will just hurt the site, not help it. You have to veiw this from both point of veiws not just yours. I highly disagree with this topic. Instead you should lock spammers profile not us.

Posted May 11, '08 at 8:59pm

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

@Victrixs, I think all developers (including you) get the choice to turn it on or off, since you are one of the few that actually play on the site.

Posted May 11, '08 at 9:02pm

ubertuna

ubertuna

2,092 posts

Knight

@Victrix

The mods are already overworked, and I don't think you get the gist of my idea.  I'm not saying to lock everybody's profiles.  My idea is that there should be a special developer profile, which users cannot post on.  This would help to decrease spam due to the fact that there are hundreds of spam posts on devs' profiles.  When I say "locked profile" I mean a profile that cannot be posted on, not a profile that cannot post.

Posted May 11, '08 at 9:04pm

ubertuna

ubertuna

2,092 posts

Knight

And also, has anybody here heard of this magical device called email? =O

Posted May 11, '08 at 9:10pm

nick_coolhaha

nick_coolhaha

1,333 posts

Well I agree with this only if it has the feature for developers to choose whether they want it lock or not because that way it would be fair.  The only ones that I think should be locked are the ones that are never going to talk back at you because they are just gaming sites( CrazyMonkey, Addicting Games, MiniClip).

Reply to Developer Profiles and Spam

You must be logged in to post a reply!