ForumsSupport ForumDeveloper Profiles and Spam

27 4184
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

I just had a great way to reduce spam on the site! Since there are a ton of users spamming on the developer profiles (ArmorGames, CrazyMonkey, etc etc), which are on the website for the sole purpose of submitting games, spam could be reduced greatly if developers had "locked" profiles which could not be commented on. This would prevent hundreds of spam posts from being made on the developer's profiles.

• 27 Replies
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

No... If that applied to everybody, nobody would be able to post on any other user's profiles...

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

True. Well I like this idea. You have no idea how many people post on Krin's page asking when Sonny 2 is coming out! Haha

Fishinmage
Fishinmage
37 posts
Nomad

From a neutral point of view, i like this idea if it gives everyone the same power. I dont entirely see why someone unknown (like myself) would want to use that power, but just incase i need it, it is there.

Victrixs
Victrixs
94 posts
Nomad

Frist of all thats a big NO,NO!

Re: ubertuna

I say this because sometime's developers want to post or comment other poeples game and it won't be fair to lock there profile. Yes alot of people do spam there profiles but that why we have MODS. If you lock all the developers profile they (myself to) might leave because thats not fair why lock our profiles for somthing a spammers does. This will just hurt the site, not help it. You have to veiw this from both point of veiws not just yours. I highly disagree with this topic. Instead you should lock spammers profile not us.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

@Victrixs, I think all developers (including you) get the choice to turn it on or off, since you are one of the few that actually play on the site.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

@Victrix

The mods are already overworked, and I don't think you get the gist of my idea. I'm not saying to lock everybody's profiles. My idea is that there should be a special developer profile, which users cannot post on. This would help to decrease spam due to the fact that there are hundreds of spam posts on devs' profiles. When I say "locked profile" I mean a profile that cannot be posted on, not a profile that cannot post.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

And also, has anybody here heard of this magical device called email? =O

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Well I agree with this only if it has the feature for developers to choose whether they want it lock or not because that way it would be fair. The only ones that I think should be locked are the ones that are never going to talk back at you because they are just gaming sites( CrazyMonkey, Addicting Games, MiniClip).

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

And AG. And maybe krin.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

thats a great idea. i have noticed that there are a lot of ppl commenting on game makers profiles. nice idea ubertuna.

Victrixs
Victrixs
94 posts
Nomad

@ XCoheedX

Well if we get a choice to turn it off or not then yes, it seems I misunderstood what ubertuna said. My bad, great idea just as long as us developers get to choose to turn our profiles off or on.

wow4ever1212
wow4ever1212
192 posts
Shepherd

I am all for this idea. On Onemorelevels profile so many people talk to him when he is not even the creator.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I think that this should be an option that everyone can have, really. There is no need for a new type of profile, but if someone wishes not to be contacted, that would be good. A developer may wish to get feedback on their profile, or not, and that is their decision.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Idea - No one can comment on profiles except people on your friends list. YOUR list, not people who added you to theirs.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Great idea Tuna I like that idea.The just do it to get 2 AP.And megamickel is your idea people who you added can post on your page?But the other users can just look at your page?

Showing 1-15 of 27