ForumsGame WalkthroughsArmy of Ages help?

75 55170
Thunderbolt400
Thunderbolt400
21 posts
Shepherd

Even on "Easy" Army of Ages is nearly impossible. When you upgrade your cave, all your units and all your turrets disappear, meaning that before you can buy the tents again to be able to defend yourself, the aliens are already at your doorstep and your castle is half dead. Another approach is simply not to upgrade very often or not to upgrade until you have enough money to buy the tents after upgrading. However, I soon hit the problem that eventually, the aliens, who upgrade far faster than you do, will have units so ridiculously powerful compared to mine that I lost iterally in a matter of seconds. (Keep in mind I was playing on "Easy&quot
Any tips, tricks, etc. on beating Army of Ages?

• 75 Replies
zchex
zchex
2 posts
Nomad

I would recommend buying the water character, then strongest 1st tier infantry, and all the 2nd tier vehicals for each stage. Oh, and im not sure if the turrents are refreshed or not, buy as many stone age turrents as you can and put them in front of the 2nd water hole, at least until the modern one, or they get destroyed.

Thunderbolt400
Thunderbolt400
21 posts
Shepherd

Yes, the turrets do refresh. I got to medern age, but at that point the aliens overran my turrets, so I lost again.

lullyraller
lullyraller
1 posts
Peasant

you can simply destroy the first two alien towers already in the tutorial, by just waiting with the range tent. then you wait until you have 1k gold and 5k experience (just continue building and upgrading troops), evolve and build the flying t2 units and water gatherers... or you can wait until you can instantly evolve to the last age. another tip: just evolve when you notice that the aliens grow too strong, then you can do 2 steps at once and be way ahead again. i hardly buils turrets, too.
worked for me on insane....
hf

Pohlhammer
Pohlhammer
136 posts
Shepherd

For me, I beat Army of the ages on easy mode the first time. I think the secret is to keep the water units coming and upgrade as much as possible. You must have a good balance of air units and ground units. I don't think you really need turrets that much. After you have your units set, upgrade respawn time to the max, then attack to the max, then health to the max, then speed. Make sure on the water units not to upgrade attack at all, because they don't attack. Every time you upgrade to a new stage, your is refunded, and you'll have boat loads of money. This allows you to buy the stronger units right away. You shouldn't have to rely on the turrets, because they won't take out an entire army without being destroyed. I can guarantee that this will work on easy mode if you do it right, but I haven't tried any other difficulty.

funyun
funyun
24 posts
Nomad

I started on normal at first then went on to hard. Its alot easier than you think. I was taken by surprise when it first cleared all my enemies but i had some money to buy the new units so I was on my way and eventually beat it. As soon as I evolve I buy all the 1st units and then gather up money for the 2nd. Near the end after your final evolve I just bombard them with specials as my troops go in for the kill.

AircraftCarrier
AircraftCarrier
145 posts
Shepherd

It's very easy on easy and easy on normal. I have beaten normal without turrets. The point is: SPAWN RATE. Just increase the spawn rate of everything, especially the water ones.

DrZaius
DrZaius
60 posts
Peasant

Easy trick: never build turrets.

I finished easy and normal in less than 15min with this tactic:
Build best tier2-unit that attacks air and ground - make full upgrade
Build water carrier - upgrade recruting time and walking speed
Build second best tier2-unit that attacks air and ground - make full upgrade
Evolve
Repeat

Still hate the game though - I mean losing EVERYTHING on evolving? All this "hey guys, lets scroll to the enemy base so you can't upgrade", the fact that turrets are useless, the fact that you can only have 30 units - so you can only buy two offensive units and the waterboys, the fun thing that you lose all your progress every time (if you "return to menu" you lose all achievements, if you "quit game" you even lose your profile - what's the point of that?)

funyun
funyun
24 posts
Nomad

1 trick with the turrets, build them and click on them to monitor their health. As its getting really low sell it. Right now you can sell it for a 100% refund. So just sell it before it dies.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

There's is a really stupid bug in the game that allows people to beat the game during the tutorial, which is how people get 0:00.

I just tried it, and it works, but I never submitted the score, because I rather send legit data.

DrZaius
DrZaius
60 posts
Peasant

Finished Insane mode in 13:52 - there is absolutely no difference between the difficulties... used the same tactics as mentioned above.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I finished insane in 11:49 using only 2nd age units. I start by getting the harvester speed and deploy maxed first. After that I get the slingshot people, max out (any order). After that I get the heavy slingshot and get max it out. When I have enough money I get the assault machine. At max out what I can and stop the harvester production. When the battle gets bad I use the meteor, but the goal is the get 6200 exp, then upgrade to the next age. The trick is to gets the archer and ballista maxed first. Then Get the Knights tent maxed and stop all harvesting. You should be making only offensive units now, and just use the meteor when the enemy clumps up in front of your units.

This strategy will be outdated by tonight because I am trying to find a faster way to win.

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

After reading these tips I beat insane at 8:38, destroyed the enemy when still in stone age (never upgraded the tech level).

Before I wait until enemy capital air comes that I up to future age from stone age directly, that beat insane in about 24 minutes.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I am glad I was able to help a former player of Colony.

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

New record 7:03, I believe it could be done even faster.

Used only the Drchus, gatherer, assault machine and Pterodactil (in that order). Once I nearly have full upgrades I stop producing gatherers and just kill the enemy base with the guys I have. Clean out enemy mass with meteorite if they managed to mass some ranged units near the frontline.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I have posted my review on the game page, Louissi's profile, and my profile. Go check it out.

Showing 1-15 of 75