ForumsGame WalkthroughsArmy of Ages help?

75 55256
Thunderbolt400
Thunderbolt400
21 posts
Shepherd

Even on "Easy" Army of Ages is nearly impossible. When you upgrade your cave, all your units and all your turrets disappear, meaning that before you can buy the tents again to be able to defend yourself, the aliens are already at your doorstep and your castle is half dead. Another approach is simply not to upgrade very often or not to upgrade until you have enough money to buy the tents after upgrading. However, I soon hit the problem that eventually, the aliens, who upgrade far faster than you do, will have units so ridiculously powerful compared to mine that I lost iterally in a matter of seconds. (Keep in mind I was playing on "Easy&quot
Any tips, tricks, etc. on beating Army of Ages?

• 75 Replies
DrZaius
DrZaius
60 posts
Peasant

The problem with EVERY game of this sort (i.e. Age of War) is, that playing defensively - which normally is a good tactic is total bullocks. If you don't get your units butchered you don't get as much XP - the whole game is anti-intuitive and therefore very hard in the beginning. Due to the population cap it doesn't help you to build 5 different units, in fact the opposite is true. The point that you lose everything on evolving and repetitive scrolling to the enemy base hurts the game experience too. So don't be so close-minded to say it's easy, because it isn't. It is, if you use simple tricks (2 units + water, no turrets) - but noone would use them in the situations you face, meaning:
a) oh god, the enemy seems to have more units than me - let's build fewer buildings!
b) their turrets destroy everything and the break through my troops - let's NOT build turrets

That's why this game isn't anywhere near good. The good tactics are illogical, there is only one map, one enemy, meaning the only thing you can come up with to make it interesting ist to try to get faster and faster. As I said before, there is no real difference between the difficulty modes, so it's always the same. But if you can't make it just look at the advices in this thread, because they work (I don't talk about the pro tips to get under 7mins^^).

Secondly: people who exploit the tutorial-"bug": you aren't good because of your ability to exploit.

Thirdly: Spawn rate upgrades work just well and are the most important upgrade for every unit.

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

It must be a bug (or design flaw) that you gain experience for losing units, this is the main reason why turrets are completely useless that will only cause you to find the game extremely hard. The tutorial even force you to build tower which is the main thing that causes players to lose the game, because it is unintrutive to sell your towers, there is no reason to think that they are liabilities instead of helping you out for this kind of game, right? NOT.

Instead of building towers you can just send unupgraded tier1 units to their doom and raise in exp and age so fast it shouldn't take more then 15min to end the game at future age.

spartandestroyer
spartandestroyer
2,081 posts
Nomad

i have drawn out a small wall of text guide to the units and turrets (including enemies) that the average person encounters. maybe that will help.

SuperAwesomeGuy2
SuperAwesomeGuy2
11 posts
Shepherd

Actually,it does make sense that you get experience from losing troops.The person who made army of ages also made age of war and age of war 2.He's had it like that since age of war.Why change that now?

tierbowholytier
tierbowholytier
5 posts
Nomad

How do you get a custom game on army of ages?

tierbowholytier
tierbowholytier
5 posts
Nomad

can anyone help me here?

Icemourn
Icemourn
3 posts
Nomad

As of now, I don't think there's custom games yet, I've looked.

Anyway, the way I beat Army of Ages is by buying three tents at every age before the future age. A gatherer, Tier 1 ranged unit, and a Tier 2 unit (any) tent is what I build. Then I fully upgrade my combat units and try to "hold the fort" with just that without using turrets. I use the gold/xp income from taking out aliens to advance to the next age, where I set up my three tents again and grind on to the future age.

After reaching the future age, build Tier 2 units and use xp special attacks (I use the arrows) to take care of aliens while your troops take out the alien turrets/base.

qudinc
qudinc
1 posts
Treasurer

just wait for a little bit so that you have like 100 gold before upgrading then buy you units as fast as you can

PUREAWESOMENESS
PUREAWESOMENESS
2 posts
Peasant

i beat it on insane and this is the best i found to beat it on any difficulty first buy all the 1st tier units and the 2nd tier unit that is a ground and attacks both air and ground upgrade the 2nd tier unit and the best 1st tier units health and attack then once you have enough money sell the weakist unit and buy the other 2nd tier ground unit and upgrade its health attack and movement speed then once you have enough money sell the water tent and the weakist unit left and upgrade the spawn rate of everything left wait until you both have enough exp and have your units far unough away from your base so the alians wont be able to destroy your castle after everything disapears upgrade repeat and use special attacks when necissary

spartandestroyer
spartandestroyer
2,081 posts
Nomad

i have a guide to the stage 1 units... on page 2 of the main walkthroughs pages!

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

how do you do the bug off 000 time and how do you do a custom game they said i could start from anytime i wanted

typervader
typervader
1 posts
Nomad

I dont know

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

You save on money before upgrading, then you act quick, and there you go! You are ready to attack the aliens.

I dont know

If you don't know, why did you post?
toksoon
toksoon
24 posts
Nomad

i did it in 10 minutes .what i do i produce the sling guys first and boost all their stats, then i make the water tent and improve their speed to max.by doing this it allows you to create resources fast while making a mass of slings.a mass of slings will take out any tower or monster with ease flying or not.now at this point make your flying creatures.only do this when you have enough cash saved up to max them out. when you make them stop production on your water tent as you have no more need for resources.do not advance ages yet.make sure all the towers are destroyed.at this time you will have earned enough xps to advance multiple levels.at least to the age where you can make humvees and tanks.once here make marines and max them out.make a water tent and max thier speed out.use the same build tactics.wait ti lyou can max out a unit then build it. once you have maxxed out hummers and tanks stop production on marines and water.use you air support-- arrow attack and win in 10 minutes or less

apple4321
apple4321
8 posts
Nomad

My tactic was to wait until I was on offensive and pushing the aliens back before upgrading. That way, i had more time to build up turrets and other things before the aliens got to my base.

Showing 31-45 of 75