Forums → Game Walkthroughs → Army of Ages help?
Even on "Easy" Army of Ages is nearly impossible. When you upgrade your cave, all your units and all your turrets disappear, meaning that before you can buy the tents again to be able to defend yourself, the aliens are already at your doorstep and your castle is half dead. Another approach is simply not to upgrade very often or not to upgrade until you have enough money to buy the tents after upgrading. However, I soon hit the problem that eventually, the aliens, who upgrade far faster than you do, will have units so ridiculously powerful compared to mine that I lost iterally in a matter of seconds. (Keep in mind I was playing on "Easy"
Any tips, tricks, etc. on beating Army of Ages?
- 75 Replies
After buying the fast spawning ranged guys get other ranged and flyers
Uh, I think if you spam units and lose them to get XP, the aliens get XP as well and evolve faster...I pretty sure that's what's supposed to happen, although it's not balanced out very well. It's very exploitable :P
Here's how you can beat the entire game in 2:38, in only 10 easy steps!
1. Build water unit, spend $$ to speed up your men
2. *** DO NOT BUILD ANY TENTS OF ANY KIND ***, this is what triggers the enemy to start building attacking units, and starts the clock!!
3. Build a turret, upgrade it to the max. Place it anywhere, you'll sell it later and won't even use it.
4. Change the speed to 2x on bottom left side.
5. Now watch your men carry water for 1.5 to 2 hours until your XP points build up to 50,000! Note your clock is still at 0:00
Here's why you need about 50,000 points
a) 5,000 to evolve to second stage
b) 8,000 to evolve to second stage
c) 12,000 to evolve to third stage
d) 20,000 to evolve to fourth and last stage "FUTURE" stage.
Add it up and you get 45,000. The extra 5,000 is so you can send some arrow and other attacks after.
6. Ok, now that you have 50,000+ XP points, SELL your turret and sell your water reserve. You should have about $1340, which is the max $ before you exit tutorial mode.
7. CHange the speed back to 1x
8. Now buy your first 2 tents (this starts the clock and alien attacks also start!). Then immediately hit space bar and select the up arrow icon to EVOLVE
9. Keep Evolving until you reach Future stage. Then first thing you buy are the tier 1 money making guys, and speed them up to max.
10. Now use arrow attack to kill enemies until you have $2,000+ to start spending on various attack units. Also keep using arrow attacks to advance your units faster to the mother alien. All you need is 1 air and 1 ground unit with max everything (speed, attack, defence, etc).
If you do this right, you'll be able to beat the game in less than 2:34 on Hard. That's my first try record with this method. I see some people did it in 53 seconds. Probably they are doing something more efficient than the above, not sure. Share your tips
PS. I AM GOD INCARNATE!!!!!!!!
Web Key Search Words: How to beat Army of Ages, Army of Ages tips, Army of Ages tricks, Army of Ages stuck, Army of Ages win insane level, Army of Ages fast win time
Oh one more tip. If you want to try to beat your own record multiple times and dont want to wait 2 hours between trials, just load up multiple web browsers and run 1 or more games in each one. On a dual Core XEON w/4GB of RAM, I can easily run up to 4 games in paralelle with no major slowness showing up, even though both my CPUs are at 100% after the first game being loaded. Maybe you quad core guys with HyperThreading can run 6-10.
Good luck and it shouldn't be too hard to beat my record above, I haven't tried to fine tune my strategy once I get going, so probably you can do better.
Ok Correction, you CAN build the first tent, without the clock starting. This is good news because you can build basic attack units and get past the alien's first turrent (if you upgrade the guys to 5 max on everything), but not the second one. This also builds your experience points about 5 times faster, because as you die, your XP goes up. So with this, you can probably shave off a few seconds. But don't try to beat this fast with only cavemen, you need to evolve, which halts the clock, so there's no worries. Dont forget to sell everything before you evolve though.
i never lose it's so easy
once you beat it it says congratulations then it says something about go to menu and start the game as other races can somebody help me with that??
oh and another thing when it says skip tutorial don't skip while it talks no aliens come use that time to get recources and attack the turrets
try to hold the aliens up to their base, by the time you fully evolved to the next stage, the aliens will only be up to about half the way to your base, you will still have time to reset up your base.
when u get to future age make a lot of god's claws. I dont know why all of you are saying its hard. Its super easy
Sorry guys if you exploited the tutorial mode to get any progress, your play doesn't hold any value since it is possible to destroy the enemy base at the tutorial getting 0 second win. That is no hack, it is just strategically possible to run over the enemy base using just the spearman.
As such, all strategies here should just talk about how to win skipping the tutorial altogether, like me and others did in this thread, look them up.
first put the water character,then put the close combat character and the projectile character and upgrade the close and the water characters
This is my favorite game and I can crush aliens easy.
all you have to do is wreck im but i got a bug with assault ships as they never seem to spawn when i get the beacon so
The last comment in this thread was almost two years ago. Please try not to revive old threads like this.
This is already the second time the thread was necro'd, so I guess it's time to put it to sleep.
Thread is locked!