ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] Keyboard keys.

9 4590
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

The keyboard on my laptop is messed up, the i, h and x buttons are missing.

Does anyone know if these can be replaced?

• 9 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It depends on what kind of keys your laptop has. This site should be of assistance. Here's a video of replacing broken laptop keys.

I think you'll have to take it somewhere to get the keys, or you could just purchase the keys then put them on your laptop. Stores like BestBuy and Wal-mart should be have them.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Laptop KeysThis is actually a good website to use. It has instructional videos, and pretty much every single brand keys You can buy them online and they have a link to a video to show you how to put them on. But you gotta know what kind of keys you have and which laptop.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Try making your own keys out of construction paper like all the pros do.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Thanks guys, this was a great help.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

E-Bay... all you need to know.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

If you have your answer, I'd recommend locking this post before it becomes spam. You could take it to Best Buy or wherever you bought it.

PinkieCake
PinkieCake
164 posts
Nomad

They're definitely replaceable, I know that much. I've gotten a replacement for my 'J' key once, and it's impossible to tell it even came out, but I don't remember where.
If you really don't want to pay, I advise doing as Graham said and stick some sort of construction paper onto the key spots.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

How did you lose keys....?

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Revived by a spam post. Locking it now.

Showing 1-9 of 9