ForumsThe TavernBad Weather

86 12023
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Not to be confused with the general 'weather' thread, this one is about BAD weather. What bad weather is your area known for? How often does it happen? The reason I made this thread is because right now I'm stuck in my basement with a tornado warning :P

• 86 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

we've had rain that floods all the courtyards and goes underneath doors, then it can be sweltering the next day.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

we've had rain that floods all the courtyards and goes underneath doors, then it can be sweltering the next day.

Katrina hitting New Orleans. Need I really say more?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

well... there isnt a really BAD weather but it can be annoying here. first of all its probably the dryest town in the whole world. almost never rains (i counted, this year it only rined 4 times... and for some reason 3 of them were in the summer...) and it can be so so so hot in here . also, in the winter there are many sandstorms in here and its so difficult to just leave the house for one minute

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@thebluerabbit

That sounds awful! Sandstorms... yuck. I can't imagine what that would be like...

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

My areas weather is known for being bipolar. The weather changes often. One day it's hot, next day it's cold, day after that it's snowing, and after that it'll be hot again.

Hey! I'm sort of the same here. The other day it was pouring like heck and it was Summer. And then the day right after that, it's like 100 degrees. I mean when it's like that, it makes you say, What the heck?
DeadFamous
DeadFamous
153 posts
Nomad

My area is known for constant weather changes if that counts. It kind of sucks to go outside one morning while it feels good just for it to be very windy a few hours later or pouring rain.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I know what unpredictability feels like! :P I enjoy it, though; it's a major reason why I love the weather!

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Where is the hail capital of the U.S.? Not trying to creep or anything. :P

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Michigan: It's been rainy June, May, and April. It hasn't rained though in weeks, our grass is brown! The sun's always out now. We get bad weather time after time, mostly huge thunderstorms and blizzards. Once last summer we had a HUGE thunderstorm. 14 tornadoes touched down that night. I looked outside just in time for this HUGE lightning strike that literally made the sky turn blue. It was awesome! Our power was out for 3 days, and a whole pole knocked down about 2 blocks away. It was insane.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Our power was out for 3 days, and a whole pole knocked down about 2 blocks away

Katrina had our power out for at least 2 weeks.
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Two weeks? That seems somewhat of an understatement. Was it really restored that quickly after Katrina? Not being sarcastic or anything.

Anyone heard of the dust storm in Phoenix? Here's a video.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Two weeks? That seems somewhat of an understatement. Was it really restored that quickly after Katrina? Not being sarcastic or anything.

All I remember of the time is that I remember saying that it had been two weeks thus far while the power was still out, so I know that it was at least two weeks. It might have been a whole month as far as I know.
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

All I remember of the time is that I remember saying that it had been two weeks thus far while the power was still out, so I know that it was at least two weeks. It might have been a whole month as far as I know.

Wow. That would be frightening... Hey, hurricane season's been kinda quiet so far, hasn't it? Of course, the worst months are August and September, so I hope it stays calm.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Wow. That would be frightening... Hey, hurricane season's been kinda quiet so far, hasn't it? Of course, the worst months are August and September, so I hope it stays calm.

Since the season of Katrina and Rita, I still haven't been hit by a hurricane. Over five years without being in a hurricane.
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Don't jinx it! The hurricane prediction centers forecast an above average season for you... D:

Showing 46-60 of 86