ForumsNews and FeedbackFriend Suggester

14 4099
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Could there be a friend suggester based on your favorites?

• 14 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Fried suggest based on favorites? What? If you're talking about like how on Facebook it suggests people for you to add somewhere on the page, I disagree with the idea of implementing that into Armor Games. For one, I find it to be a nuisance. Two, it's something that I'd rather not see on this site. This isn't Facebook, after all. And three, I don't see a real point in it. I friend the people I consider friends. Having a little box friend suggester thing isn't going to make me friend them or even consider it.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I think it's easy enough to find like-minded individuals just by looking at the game comments of your favorite games, or forums, etc.

If you're thinking, like GoM said, of having a "you're friends with ___ so you might also know ___", we haven't planned anything like that, and probably wouldn't build it.

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

That is not really a clever idea. For one, it works on Facebook because you might KNOW the person. On AG, we don't even know anyone's first name (except for Ian...).

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, and the way we've developed the site, your "friends" from AG2 will become people that you "Follow" on AG3, sort of like Twitter, but you can also have a 'Friend' relationship as well. The benefits of Friend vs Follower is that you'll have privacy settings for both. So maybe you want to let your Friends see when you're online, but not your Followers (or 'everybody', or you might want your Friends and Followers to see your new high score, but not everyone else on the site, that sort of thing.

But, like I said, when it comes down to it, you'll find plenty of people to interact with on AG3 just by being on the site, especially once we get the live chat running, etc.

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

uh oh... I think Armor games is going to be more complicated now... ..

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

No, we're just focusing more on games, and making the social aspect easier to navigate. And we're adding features to make it easier to control who sends you messages, etc.

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

I didn't mean like Facebook but like Cormyn said find people that you could discuss your favorites with

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

No cormyn said:

I think it's easy enough to find like-minded individuals just by looking at the game comments of your favorite games, or forums, etc.

Which is without a friend suggester, it's just by looking at comment on a game that have a similar opinion to you. Also in the forums, you can tell mostly who's similar to you by their conversation so i don't really think it's needed.
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
466 posts
Nomad

Having this is like saying "You like Exit path. Here is the thousands of others that like it too." I just don't think it's necessary.

DeadFamous
DeadFamous
153 posts
Nomad

I don't see any point in a friend suggester. If you'd like more friends, go around the forums and join in conversations and eventually you will find someone with similar interests and ideas as you.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I really hate the freind suggester on facebook. It's retarded. I don't want 6651611515965128941516519841 friends. And it would probably be impossible here

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

Why would you want loads of Armor Game friends? Unless you know them then I would understand. If you like how the player acts then add them, don't just go add random people here and there (ex. Facebook)
Facebook is just a place where people have 1,000 friends.
I guarantee you they only have 50 in real life and then they just add randoms.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Agree. It's not a social network, just a games website. If we want friends, we find them by ourself.

Showing 1-13 of 14