Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What it Takes to Become a Moderator (page 1):

Posted Aug 18, '12 at 11:41pm

shock457

shock457

470 posts

Wasn't FT consistent for 2 years? Then why didn't he get the achievement of being a Mod?

Posted Aug 18, '12 at 11:44pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,689 posts

Knight

Because you haven't read the opening post. It's not just about being active. I'm not going to spoon-feed you all the information.

Posted Aug 19, '12 at 3:07am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,266 posts

Something I'm kind of curious about (and it may have been asked, but frankly I don't feel like searching to see if someone asked it)...has there been a moderator that has turned out to be a poor choice?

Posted Aug 19, '12 at 12:41pm

skater_kid_who_pwns

skater_kid_who_pwns

4,313 posts

.has there been a moderator that has turned out to be a poor choice

Have you seen Frank? That guys just a horrible mod....

And their was Switchfoot...though he never technically became a mod.

Posted Aug 19, '12 at 11:01pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,868 posts

Knight

Shin if you considered an almost mod. Plagiarism for the win baby....

Posted Aug 20, '12 at 2:49pm

jamesbwilk

jamesbwilk

5 posts

I am an active member on armour games, I try to be helpful on games, giving ideas for future games, e.g, I wrote this to con artist games about their popular zombie series, The last stand, and I wrote "on Last Stand Dead Zone,Make more games like this, but you should be able to add attachments to your gun at king pawns, make it longer, plus please make another game with the same graphics, they are perfect as they are. Make the campaign longer, plus make it so you can have more companions, like 4 companions. Also make more sub missions, and more buildings to search. But it is a brilliant game, and this may help it become better"

I feel like this was quite helpful, but I never get recognition for my helpful comments. As you may see, I have decent English skills, so that is a advantage, plus, I can speak some Spanish and some French

(Spanish)
Puedo cubrir fundamentos básicos de la lengua española, colores, meses verbos. Lo cual es una ventaja

Which means I can cover basic grounds in the Spanish language, colours, months, verbs. Which is a advantage. But being only 14, puts me down. I am about to enter my GCSE's, so I do have a grasp in certain skills. But my age, does that give me a disadvantage?

Posted Aug 20, '12 at 10:07pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,266 posts

But my age, does that give me a disadvantage?

Well there is that...and your 3 forum posts also might be a major factor

Posted Aug 20, '12 at 10:45pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,836 posts

But my age, does that give me a disadvantage?

not a disadvantage, it completely removes the possibility of being a moderator on armor games. this quote from the OP will splain

You need to be at LEAST 18 years of age; if you don't share your birth date on your profile (at least the year and month), you'll never even show up on our radar. And we have backups of our user data, so don't go changing your profile birth date trying to cheat the system -- we'll ask for proof.

Posted Aug 20, '12 at 10:46pm

kuffyruff

kuffyruff

207 posts

Not sure if this is true, but isn't all activity on AG supposed to be strictly in English? A friend told me that a while ago, but at the time I didn't believe him.

What I mean to say is, would knowing a second (or third) language give you an advantage over other candidates who want to become a moderator? If AG is an English only site, then being able to speak in another language wouldn't be so useful.

Just curious as to the answer, don't mean to deter those aspiring to become moderators from doing so.

Posted Aug 20, '12 at 10:59pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I think it's alright if you are conversing with another on your profiles, but not on the forums since people won't understand you. That's what I caught from it, anyways.

But to answer the question, no, not really, unless the second or third language was English itself. A second language would be helpful in making sure that people aren't spamming in other languages, but the chances of catching someone writing in one of two languages that you know are pretty slim, especially if it isn't English.

Reply to What it Takes to Become a Moderator (page 1):

You must be logged in to post a reply!