Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What it Takes to Become a Moderator (page 1):

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 5:41pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

IP addresses can be circumvented eventually if they choose to.

Rather easily.
what if bob had a nice brother or sister, would that mean that they might get banned because of bob being bob?

Doesn't matter. One person ruins it for everyone, as seen with the HTML.

Posted Aug 28, '12 at 9:55pm

i8jaffas

i8jaffas

5 posts

I ticked all the criteria and I'm only 13, pity that you must be over 18, I am a moderator on numerous sites, with no problems at all. I only actually made an AG account a few weeks ago yet I have been playing on armour games since about 2008...

Posted Aug 28, '12 at 10:06pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,304 posts

I ticked all the criteria and I'm only 13

Lol... except you've only been here a few weeks and you haven't been active in the community at all! Actually, I think you missed a lot of the criteria... are you sure you read the whole thing? =P

Posted Aug 29, '12 at 10:45am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,236 posts

I ticked all the criteria and I'm only 13, pity that you must be over 18, I am a moderator on numerous sites, with no problems at all. I only actually made an AG account a few weeks ago yet I have been playing on armour games since about 2008...

The thing is not playing games, it's having a good knowledge of the site: How it works, rules, terms and conditions. A moderator should be active and involved in the community, so not a new member and someone who spends their times in the forums etc.

Lol... except you've only been here a few weeks and you haven't been active in the community at all! Actually, I think you missed a lot of the criteria... are you sure you read the whole thing? =P

You need to have been an active, consistent member of the site for a minimum of 12-18 months. Big gaps in your login/posting history will generally reset this timer.

Posted Aug 29, '12 at 6:31pm

Gantic

Gantic

9,734 posts

People who post in this thread saying they qualify, probably don't qualify. You aren't supposed to be telling us. You're supposed to be showing us. If you have prior moderating experience, that works too. But you need to be active and engaging in the community and know the ins and outs fairly well.

If we don't know you, we can't trust you. If we can't trust you, we can't work with you. That doesn't mean you should bug us to get to know you. It means you should impress us by being the best you you can be. It really doesn't matter if other users don't know you. If you can make a good genuine impression on us, you're already ahead.

Think of the moderators like a hiring committee. You need to prove your worth through your actions and we can detect BS from a mile away. If you aren't genuine, you're just insulting us thinking you can fool us.

Posted Aug 31, '12 at 12:18pm

fries

fries

96 posts

well i was told this by another moderator that this is how you become a moderator
To become a Moderator:

-Be active here for 1-2 years
-Maybe 18 years old or older
-The Moderator team accepts you
-The Administrators approve of you

To become an Administrator

-21 years old or older
-Have a degree of some sort
-Be an employee of AG

Posted Aug 31, '12 at 1:24pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

well i was told this by another moderator that this is how you become a moderator
To become a Moderator:

What exactly was your reason for re-posting the criteria listed in the OP post of this thread in a less specific manner?

But you need to be active and engaging in the community

Anyone want to expand on this? It's not too clear and people have varying definitions of 'active and engaging.'

Posted Aug 31, '12 at 1:35pm

Gantic

Gantic

9,734 posts

Anyone want to expand on this? It's not too clear and people have varying definitions of 'active and engaging.'

Points 6 - 11 in the first post.

Posted Aug 31, '12 at 2:14pm

fries

fries

96 posts

does anybody get banned now days

Posted Aug 31, '12 at 2:41pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

does anybody get banned now days