Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What it Takes to Become a Moderator (page 1):

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 4:22pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,206 posts

Would you select someone who is under 18 if you know that they are mature?

They would have to be quite the exception!

Posted Aug 13, '11 at 11:44am

Kenshi

Kenshi

2 posts

To Freakenstein,

Thanks for answering. I suppose you are right, that you want someone well known for good commenting (undeleted ones i  mean).

Posted Aug 15, '11 at 12:11am

airbender

airbender

2 posts

I think the iadea is stupid because one of the monderaters boots people for no reason!!

Posted Aug 15, '11 at 12:19am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,206 posts

Of course we don't boot people for no reason! There would always be a reason, lest we are powerhungry. And after all the pages of spam I deleted... ho hum.

Posted Aug 15, '11 at 3:31am

FloydTC

FloydTC

2,851 posts

That guide is wrong. This thread is the correct guide.

are you a mod? no. is cenere a mod? yes. therefore, ceneres guide is correct and this one is wrong.

Posted Aug 15, '11 at 3:33am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Except it's not my guide, and anyone who take it seriously needs some time off the internet.

Posted Aug 15, '11 at 8:00pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

one of the monderaters boots people for no reason!!

We never boot someone "for no reason". There's *always* a reason why we kick players.

Posted Aug 16, '11 at 5:41pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,851 posts

ceneres guide is correct and this one is wrong.

Actually, YOU are wrong and I am right. Here's why:

This thread was created by an admin. The admins choose the mods, so they know the requirements better than mods. The guide on Cenere's about is contradictory to this thread. Since admins know better than mods, this thread is correct and the guide on Cenere's about is wrong.

Examples will be given if this logic comes under attack.

Posted Aug 16, '11 at 5:55pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,206 posts

Patrick and the other man who quoted the post--Meet FloydTC.

He's a dashing, swashbuckling rogue who pokes fun at every chance. It's actually quite entertaining, though sometimes it gets too far and we have to intervene.

Remember that this has been recently posted. See, it even says there that changes are subject to, well, change. Other than that, mods had to choose by themselves whether or not mod-hopefuls were mod-worthy. This has been compiled by Cormyn himself and is new. Before that, MODS chose the mods. It sounds repetitive, but trust me, between Cormyn and the mods that have been mods for over a year and have been looking for mod-hopefuls ever since, which has been more experienced at such?

Posted Aug 16, '11 at 5:58pm

daleks

daleks

3,315 posts

What will happen now that Cormyn is pretty much gone?

Reply to What it Takes to Become a Moderator (page 1):

You must be logged in to post a reply!