ForumsNews and FeedbackUser of the Month?

12 3313
ferfer313
ferfer313
260 posts
Nomad

Each month, the administrators pick a user that shows outstanding membership use. That person is awarded by 15 AP.
Is this a possibility?

• 12 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

How would they determine this outstanding membership use?

I'm not for nor against this idea, for now. You should explain it in more detail, though.

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

outstanding in what way? posts? most points?

and i don't think that will happen but do explain more i'll get back to here.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Each month, the administrators pick a user that shows outstanding membership use.

It is a very good idea, many times i have thought about an idea very close to this. There are a couple problems that exist however:

1. What would a user have to do to be able to get considered?

2. How would the administrators pick one person out of the 1,000,000+ users on armor games as user of the month?

If you can come up with an easy remedy for these problems, please post your thoughts.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

I would think factors would include forum posts (not amount but quality) game playing and possibly scoring. Nothing mean or spammy said or done. Stuff like that. But it would be a lot of hard work for the mods/admins to keep track of stuff like the quality of the forum and game posts. And people would want to be a good user to get the points, which might lead to better quality posts and more game playing and stuff. Which is good.

And can a user win the award multiple times? They might run out of people being users of the month. And if you can win it multiple times, can you win it multiple times in a row? There's a lot of questions to be answered!

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Grand idea! Bribe people to be good!

"Hey, if you are really super awesome you might potentially get 15AP!"

Except for, you know:
-There is not going to be any AP in AGv3
-The chances of people being good to maybe someday get a reward for it someday is very slim
-Do we really want people on our site who only act nice to get a reward?

Being an outstanding member should be reward enough in of itself. You'll get the respect of your fellow community members and have fun doing it. No need to slap a worthless gold star on your forehead. We're not in kindergarten anymore.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I think the idea of member of the month seems cool but devoidless makes a good argument.

AG already has the monthly rankings which was a good idea (Although i'm not sure if this still updates), maybe just implement something in the ranking system to show the person with the highest achievements in the month and all-time.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

-There is not going to be any AP in AGv3

Actually, there will be AP in AG3. This is the thread for discussing AP.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

@ Patrick - i think the moderator knows best.
If you read through i'm pretty sure it says there will be something similar known as our score and we won't get it through the methods we currently do.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

The "Ideas and Discussions About:" threads were all started by Cormyn to discuss features that are going to be in the site, not discussion suggestions for features.

Each month, the administrators pick a user

The admins don't monitor user activity (not including programs they have to give them feedback) as much as moderators do, and the admins have more important jobs then deciding to reward users for being a good person. If someone is a truly "outstanding" user, then they tend to be the users who go on to become moderators.
016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

The "Ideas and Discussions About:" threads were all started by Cormyn...

Wow, I had no idea that the Ideas and Discussions About: Groups and Clans thread was started by Cormyn.

...and we won't get it through methods we currently do.

Question: who is the user of the month right now?

Okay, before you call me an idiot in another comment, I was being sarcastic, got it? But, this isn't a way we currently get AP.

...there will be something similar known as our score...

...which is, coincidentally, made up of these little things called points!
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

@Patrick:
Read Jefspiration

@016Bramble:
Believe she was referring to the score system vs. AP system. Not the user of the month. And please try to, you know, not be such a condescending d00d.

@All:
Changed thread title to make it clear it is not an official thread.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

There won't be a "user of the month", and we'd have no easy way to award points for it... We may have a monthly leaderboard (that works), which will show users with the highest point gain for the month, or maybe the most Reputation gain, etc.

Showing 1-12 of 12