ForumsForum GamesThey're Coming (Mythical Animal/Element RPG)

189 22419
macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

A war is brewing.
They were supposedly banished a thousand years ago, but now they're back.
They're coming.
They are bent on revenge. They will let nothing stand in their way.
They're coming.
They have unlocked the power of the elements, a secret known only by the greatest wizards of our world.
They're coming.
The humans are already gone. Now it's our turn.
They're coming.
You are about to be thrown into the biggest war in history. We all are.
They're Here!

In a nutshell, a thousand years ago some mythical beings broke their world's most sacred laws. They were banished to a dimensional prison.
During that time they mastered the power of the elements-flame, aqua, miner, lunar, solar, freeze, and nature- which were previously known only by the most powerful mages. They've escaped, and are bent on revenge. The humans have already been wiped out, and every living thing left is about to be thrown into this war.

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Appearance:
Health:__% (Don't let this reach zero!)
Energy:__% (Determined by hunger. Don't let it reach zero!)
FactionEveryone starts at neutral. Eventually you may choose to join the Deathmongers (the ones that were banished), the Pheonixracers (the ones that are trying to re-banish the Deathmongers), or make your own side in the war.)
ElementYou don't start with an element, but once you join the Deathmongers or the Pheonixracers, or somehow unlock the powers themselves, then you may choose one element and one element only.)

• 189 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name:Keket
Age:21(in dog years or 3 if you want to go by human years)
Speciesire wolf
Appearance:A black wolf with a blood red bone ridge along her back.
Health:__%
Energy:__%
Faction:neutral
Element:none

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Speciesire wolf
Health:100%
Energy:100%

You wake up at the edge a snow-covered forest. Judging by the smoke coming from the south, the Deathmongers passed through during the night. In the hills to the east you can see the light of a village. It may be one of the few villages that survived the Deathmongers, but it could also be controlled by them.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Speciesire wolf

I scout out the village trying to find out if it belongs to the Deathmongers or not.

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Speciesire wolf

It's not controlled by the Deathmongers. But They've upped security. It's surrounded by a crude, hastily-built wall with a sentry behind a closed gate.

"Who goes there?" the sentry asks in a gruff voice, noticing you through a gap in the wall.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Speciesire wolf

I tell the guard who I am and ask if I can go into the village. If they need to know why I want to be in the village that will be because I want to look for a job.

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Speciesire wolf

The sentry is silent for a moment, trying to decide whether or not you are telling the truth. Finally he opens the gate to let you in.

"Fine. You may stay here for a while. But don't go around causing any trouble." Once in the gates, you can see an inn, a trader's hut, and several houses.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Speciesire wolf

I head to the inn where I can likely earn some money by doing a quest or two.

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Speciesire wolf

The inn is empty except for the innkeeper. He looks up and sees you.

"If you're looking for work, check with the trader next door. I can barley get by as it is."

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Name: Stratocumulus
Species: Cloud man
Appearance: Thin body, made of wispy cloud tufts. Roughly 6'3", and moves around by hovering slightly above ground level.
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Faction: Neutral
Element: [None]

[Yaay! Sounds fun!]

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Appearance: Thin body, made of wispy cloud tufts. Roughly 6'3", and moves around by hovering slightly above ground level.

You've somehow stumbled across a war zone. A Deathmonger and a pheonixrunner army are in the middle of a battle, and the bad guys are gettin' creamed. From where you are you can see the now-unguarded supplies. It's nothing too valuable, just some food. Beyond the battlefield you can see a large city.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I try to get to the city. Maybe I can learn more about what's been happening here and where 'here' is.

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Luckily, you make it without anyone noticing you. Once inside, though, you can see that this would not be a good place to hang around. The city is covered in grime and thieves are common. There are also several Deathmonger recruitment stands around. All of the citizens of the city keep their doors bolted and shades drawn. You wouldn't find much luck asking them. However, you do find a map. You're in the southeast, on a dessert island. The city happens to be in a large oasis that used to be a large trading center. It didn't take long to attract thieves. Te city became so overrun by them that trade has completely stopped. Suddenly, you're surrounded by a small band of thieves.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I laugh. "Heh heh, good luck robbing a cloud, guys." Then I float rapidly in between two thieves and dash away.

MagicLobster94
MagicLobster94
49 posts
Nomad

Name: CJ
Species: Mutant Lobster
Appearance: A Giant, mutated lobster with a skull tattoo on each claw/wrist
Element:

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

You manage to get away from that group. However, many others are eying you. It's only a matter of time until you run into some real trouble. But then again, there's a war going on outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: CJ
Species: Mutant Lobster
Appearance: A Giant, mutated lobster with a skull tattoo on each claw/wrist

You've washed ashore, unconscious, on the beach of the same island Stratocumulus is on. When you wake up, there's no sign of civilization- or any life for that matter.

Showing 1-15 of 189