ForumsForum GamesThey're Coming (Mythical Animal/Element RPG)

189 22413
macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

A war is brewing.
They were supposedly banished a thousand years ago, but now they're back.
They're coming.
They are bent on revenge. They will let nothing stand in their way.
They're coming.
They have unlocked the power of the elements, a secret known only by the greatest wizards of our world.
They're coming.
The humans are already gone. Now it's our turn.
They're coming.
You are about to be thrown into the biggest war in history. We all are.
They're Here!

In a nutshell, a thousand years ago some mythical beings broke their world's most sacred laws. They were banished to a dimensional prison.
During that time they mastered the power of the elements-flame, aqua, miner, lunar, solar, freeze, and nature- which were previously known only by the most powerful mages. They've escaped, and are bent on revenge. The humans have already been wiped out, and every living thing left is about to be thrown into this war.

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Appearance:
Health:__% (Don't let this reach zero!)
Energy:__% (Determined by hunger. Don't let it reach zero!)
FactionEveryone starts at neutral. Eventually you may choose to join the Deathmongers (the ones that were banished), the Pheonixracers (the ones that are trying to re-banish the Deathmongers), or make your own side in the war.)
ElementYou don't start with an element, but once you join the Deathmongers or the Pheonixracers, or somehow unlock the powers themselves, then you may choose one element and one element only.)

• 189 Replies
macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Name: Stratocumulus
Species: Cloud man
Appearance: Thin body, made of wispy cloud tufts. Roughly 6'3", and moves around by hovering slightly above ground level.
Health: 80%
Energy: 100%
Faction: Pheonixracers
Element: Water

To make a long story short, you get away and successfully make it to your destination. At the moment, there's nothing for you to do, so you get to just relax and meet the other soldiers. There's one that looks new to the group: a black-and-red direwolf.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name:Keket
Age:21(in dog years or 3 if you want to go by human years)
Speciesire wolf
Appearance:A black wolf with a blood red bone ridge along her back.
Health:91%
Energy:100%
Faction:Pheonixrunner
Element:Lunar

You're told to stand in the circle. You do so, and the solider begins his ritual. As he begins to chant- he often messes up the words- the circle begins to glow weakly. When he finishes you feel different somehow. Experimenting, you step into the shadows and try to bend the shadows to your will. Looking down at your paw, you find that it's much harder to see, almost transparent in the darkness.

"Like I said, we can't do a proper elementizing here, so you'll have to wait until thing aren't as desperate an' we can send you down south," The solider says, squinting. "For now, blending in with the shadows is all you can do, and your back's a dead giveaway. We don't have nothing for you right now, so rest and get to know the others. We'll let you know when it's time for your first assignment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name:blue wings
Species: unknown
Appearance:short, thin, black hair, black eyes, one black wing, one white wing
Health:100%
Energy:95%
Faction:neutral
Element:None

The weather starts to get stormy as you trek down the cliff. You're well below the timberline when lightning strikes a tree and it falls in the middle of the path. Luckily, you weren't under it, but now you're way's blocked. The tree's on fire, so you can't touch it, and you don't know what awaits you off the path.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Speciesire wolf

I stop using my power and nod before heading out to where the rest of the pheonixrunner are and watching them.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Name: quakey tombstone
Species: stone/sand golem
Appearance: medium height, spikes on his back and arms, sand instead of feet, arms made out stone and sand
Health: 100%
Faction: neutral
Element: None

can i join?

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Appearance: Thin body, made of wispy cloud tufts. Roughly 6'3", and moves around by hovering slightly above ground level.

I walk up to the Dire Wolf, saying, "Hi! You look new here! My name's Stratocumulus." I hold out my hand to shake.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

"awwww... well i have no choice..." i will go and wander off the path.

[might i suggest adding an "item" in the sheet?]

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Speciesire wolf

Gold:100
Items:None

A man that appears to be made entirley out of clouds walks up and introduces himself as stratocumulus.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Appearance: medium height, spikes on his back and arms, sand instead of feet, arms made out stone and sand

Gold:0

You're in the city of Barcoba (the port city at the north end of the desert island) (I should really make a map.). There's a group of thuggish-looking fauns that have cornered a young centaur.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*waits for Shadowdragon to respond...*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Items:Amulet

(Good idea. I'll do that. I'll add a gold section too.)

You Walk around the log and find your way back to the path without event, but you feel as though something's watching you. You hear a twig snap somewhere behind you, but you look behind you and don't see anything. You can't help but wonder if your being followed.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

if you want to continue your game send me please a message on my profile. or is my character to strong?

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

sorry for double posting, i got ninjad. please ignore my last post

i ask them: thats unfair, why are you fighting in a group against one?

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

"And what's it to ya?" The leader of the group asks, sneering. "Unless ya think ya can beat us, the I s'gest ya leave."

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i will try to keep going but be very carefull about what is behind me...

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

ame: ???
Species: Ice Fox
Appearance: Vicious claws, eyes to chill the bone. He has a white underbelly with black for the rest of the fur. Very witty and intelligent
Faction:Neutral
I have walked off, seeing as I was very late in this 'cus my computer broke down.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

[I'm just posting so you know I'm still watching the game! I'll wait for StormDragon to respond.]

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Speciesire wolf

Gold:100

I say hi and introduce myself.

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

You don't go to far before you see what was following you. A baby skelepard (Note: I don't think one is ever actually mentioned in mythology or anything. I sorta just made it up one day. It's a dark-colored, leopard-like creature seemingly composed of shadows with the bones on the outside of it body and with large tusks. If you're a member of neopets, it's compatible to a mutant lupe.) stumbles onto the path. On the side of said path is the carcass of an adult skelepard that you take to be it's mother. It's clearly injured and hungry, and apparently orphaned with no place to go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Storm & Snow: I'm sure you don't need me to summarize everything your characters say. Don't worry about waiting for me to post for your conversation.

endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

Can I join?

Name:Asreth
Species:Woodland Elf
Appearance:5'2"A woodland elf with a dark brown shirt and pants
Element:none