ForumsForum GamesThey're Coming (Mythical Animal/Element RPG)

189 22416
macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

A war is brewing.
They were supposedly banished a thousand years ago, but now they're back.
They're coming.
They are bent on revenge. They will let nothing stand in their way.
They're coming.
They have unlocked the power of the elements, a secret known only by the greatest wizards of our world.
They're coming.
The humans are already gone. Now it's our turn.
They're coming.
You are about to be thrown into the biggest war in history. We all are.
They're Here!

In a nutshell, a thousand years ago some mythical beings broke their world's most sacred laws. They were banished to a dimensional prison.
During that time they mastered the power of the elements-flame, aqua, miner, lunar, solar, freeze, and nature- which were previously known only by the most powerful mages. They've escaped, and are bent on revenge. The humans have already been wiped out, and every living thing left is about to be thrown into this war.

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Appearance:
Health:__% (Don't let this reach zero!)
Energy:__% (Determined by hunger. Don't let it reach zero!)
FactionEveryone starts at neutral. Eventually you may choose to join the Deathmongers (the ones that were banished), the Pheonixracers (the ones that are trying to re-banish the Deathmongers), or make your own side in the war.)
ElementYou don't start with an element, but once you join the Deathmongers or the Pheonixracers, or somehow unlock the powers themselves, then you may choose one element and one element only.)

• 189 Replies
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Name: Stratocumulus
Species: Cloud man
Appearance: Thin body, made of wispy cloud tufts. Roughly 6'3", and moves around by hovering slightly above ground level.
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Faction: Neutral
Element: [None]

I go outside the city limits, and eye the fighting and carnage cautiously. I see a barrack of the Pheonixracers, and decide to go inquire about joining their ranks. After all, if they fail, how long is it 'til the fight comes to me?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Name:blue wings
Species: unknown
Appearance:short, thin, black hair, black eyes, one black wing, one white wing
Health:100%
Energy:100%
Faction:neutral
Element:

i hope my sheet is ok and i can join. i hope my species is acceptable (i wanted it to be myseterious XD)

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name:Keket
Age:21(in dog years or 3 if you want to go by human years)
Speciesire wolf
Appearance:A black wolf with a blood red bone ridge along her back.
Element:none

I go to the trader's place.

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Element:None

You're in the south, in a tropical jungle. There are a few huts here and there, and a large river in front of you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Appearance: Thin body, made of wispy cloud tufts. Roughly 6'3", and moves around by hovering slightly above ground level.

"Just who are you?" a guard asks, glaring at you menacingly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speciesire wolf

"Eh? Who's there?" the trader, a wizened old centaur says as you walk through the door. "You're looking for a job or two to help you get on your feet? I may have something.
"You would never believe how much a Pheonixrunner spy would pay for a proper Deathmonger disguise. With some Deathmonger troops passing by here a few hours ago, they're bound to have left some uniform pieces around. What d'ya say, youngun'? Could you go out and find some for me?"

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Speciesire wolf

I accept the job for not only do I need the money but I have no love for the Deathmongers, thanks to past events.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

"I am Stratocumulus, one of the near-extinct Cloud men, and I am here to offer you my services."

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i will just wander there near the river

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Now that you're closer to the river, you can see a particularly large levithian floating on the surface of the water, along with (what's left of) a pheonixrunner uniform. It lifts it's head a little and sees you.

"You there," he says weakly. "Come here."
Faction: Pheonixracers

The gaurd takes you into the barracks, where several Pheonixrunners are examining a map.

"What do we have here?" muscular wyvern, who looks to be the leader of the group, says, sizing you up.

"He says his name's Stratocumulus, sir, and he wants to join our ranks."

"Ah, yes. New recruits are always appreciated. Here take this uniform." The wyvern gives you an orange cape with gold trim and a helmet. "We have things under control here, but we need reinforcements in the northern woodlands. Go north of here to the port city of Barcoba. From there, you will take a ship to the southern jungles. You'll have to walk on foot from there until you reach the river. If you make good time you should just make it to catch a boat up to the north. When you get there. First, though, there is one last thing that needs doing. Follow me." The wyvern leaves the barracks, motioning for you to follow him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speciesire wolf

"Good. I'll be sure to tell the guards to let you come and go as you please." the centaur says. "Now, what are you waiting for? those uniforms won't gather themselves. I'm not getting any younger- or richer for that matter."

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I glance quickly at everyone in the room, then cautiously follow the wyvern.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

"ok..." i will slowly and carefully get closer

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

"Take this." The levithian presses something into you hand. "Take it to the port in the south. You'll figure out what to do next once you get there. Hurry! It's very important!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"As you have probably heard already," the wyvern says as he leads you to a strange circle covered with runes. "the Deathmongers have unlocked the power of the elements, and are using that power to make the recruits more powerful. We have decided to do the same. You have seven elements to choose from: Flame, Aqua, Nature, Solar, Lunar, Freeze and Miner."

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

"That's a tough choice. Hmmm... I'll have to go with Aqua, considering the fact that I'm a cloud."

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

"oh... ok ill do it." i will now go to the port in the south

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Speciesire wolf

I head out on my mission to gather some Deathmonger uniforms.

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Energy:35%

It takes you a few days, but you finally make it to the port. You haven't eaten since your encounter with the levithian, and you're pretty hungry. You should probably find something to eat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wyvern brings out a sapphire.

"Stand in the middle of the circle." He tells you. When you do, he starts to chant in a strange language. The saphire floats from the wyvern's paws and above your head. It starts to glow, bathing you in a soft blue light. You begin to think that this is no ordinary sapphire. Suddenly there is a bright flash of light. The sapphire stops glowing and floats back to the wyvern's paws.

Experimenting, you raise your hand a little. The water in a nearby jar rises with it.

"As you have just seen, you now have the power to control water," The wyvern says. "You may want to learn to control it, or you may have some trouble on your ship. Now then. Don't you have a boat to catch?"
Speciesire wolf

Once outside, you can clearly see several capes and even a couple of helmets in the snow. Made easily visible by their black-and-orange color, the uniforms pieces look to be easy pickings. As you near a helmet, though, you're ambushed by a few Deathmongers.

Showing 16-30 of 189