ForumsPopular MediaAvatar: Legend of Korra

87 34325
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

There will soon be a new series called Avatar:Legend of Korra that's a sequel to Avatar the Last Airbender.If you have any questions about it just ask.It's expected to air in 2012 on Nickelodeon and will run for 26 episodes
Here is the prologue
The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra (originally titled Avatar: The Legend of Korra) is an upcoming American animated television mini-series that is expected to air on Nickelodeon in 2012.[1] The mini-series is a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender, which aired on the same network from 2005 to 2008, and will run for 26 episodes.[2] It will take place in the same fictional universe as the original show. The world is influenced by a multitude of cultural and ethnic elements. In it people may have the supernatural ability to manipulate either water, earth, fire, or air. There is one person known as the Avatar, who maintains balance between the four nations and is the only person who can bend all four elements. Korra, the hotheaded independent protagonist of the series, is the next incarnation of the Avatar after Aang from the original series.[3] Set at least 70 years after the defeat of Firelord Ozai and Princess Azula in the series finale of the original show, creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko[4] plan to follow Korra as she learns Airbending while facing an anti-bender revolution.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Korra-action-shot.jpg

• 87 Replies
Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

I really can't wait.
Seems silly, I, a 22 year old, enjoyed this show. It had its mature moments to keep an adult audience entertained, so I don't feel too bad.

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Nevermind the link it failed

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

That's cool news. Here's a link explaining some.
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Airbender:_Legend_of_Korra

I was kind of hoping for a fourth chapter to The Last Air Bender (Book of Air). I had pictured it as Azula escaping and seeking revenge on Aang and his friends which ultimately leads to her death at the end. Aang goes on another adventure based on rumors of descendants of the Air tribe who had survived and have been living a secret nomadic life all this time. Aang eventually finds them, but the secrets of Air bending have been lost to them. So Aang begins teaching them and with their help Aang begins to rebuild the Air Nation to put everything back into balance.

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Wow...you must have put a lot of thought into that.That would be a great after story.I have a short one but you would have to be a huge fan of the series to get all of it.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Wow...you must have put a lot of thought into that.

not really, it just kind of came to me as I was watching a marathon. I'll be looking forward to this new show though.
swagman
swagman
156 posts
Nomad

the new show is goin 2 be awesome

Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

I also really wanted a Book 4.
But the smart thing they did was: The show ended. It didn't overstay its welcome and didn't shove dozens of pointless filler episodes to fluff up airtime.
(I'm looking at you, Bleach... God, couldn't even get past four episodes.)

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Yes I agree with Zydrate partially.But they did leave a few holes in the storyline unexplained,like zuko's mother,the conclusion of sokka and his girlfriend(who's name escapes me at the moment)'s relationship,and some others.I did enjoy the avatar extra series which explained a lot of untold storyline.

gamerzakiullah
gamerzakiullah
41 posts
Shepherd

i hate avatar...it sucks

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

There's no need for insults.This is supposed to be a forum explaining good things or asking about the topic.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I'll be honest, I don't have very high hopes for this series. I think that the original series could have had another season without overstaying its welcome(it's like Mage said, and also Super), but it's not often you see a sequel series live up to the original. I never really liked them in the first place, where all the main characters from the original are dead and the story is over, etc. I think it will go the way of the Ranger's Apprentice series or Warriors.

But the smart thing they did was: The show ended. It didn't overstay its welcome and didn't shove dozens of pointless filler episodes to fluff up airtime.

That's the definition of The Simpsons nowadays.

sokka and his girlfriend(who's name escapes me at the moment)'s

Suki?
GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
529 posts
Nomad

Hope this sequal doesn't suck like Aqua Teen Hunger Force's sequal did. I mean, just add more seasons. No need to make totally a different show if it's about the same thing.

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Yeah Aqua Unit patrol 1(or whatever the hell its called) was the exact same storyline.

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Well I have high hopes for this show, even though I will most likely be disappointed.

I have a short one but you would have to be a huge fan of the series to get all of it.
Hey super I would not mind hearing it. Why don't you tell me on my profile.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I heard about this about a month or two ago, I'll probably watch some episodes of it to see if it can catch my attention. I wish they would continue the original Avatar, though. They left us hanging during that last episode because Zuko asked his father about his mother.

Showing 1-15 of 87