ForumsPopular MediaAvatar: Legend of Korra

87 34328
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

There will soon be a new series called Avatar:Legend of Korra that's a sequel to Avatar the Last Airbender.If you have any questions about it just ask.It's expected to air in 2012 on Nickelodeon and will run for 26 episodes
Here is the prologue
The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra (originally titled Avatar: The Legend of Korra) is an upcoming American animated television mini-series that is expected to air on Nickelodeon in 2012.[1] The mini-series is a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender, which aired on the same network from 2005 to 2008, and will run for 26 episodes.[2] It will take place in the same fictional universe as the original show. The world is influenced by a multitude of cultural and ethnic elements. In it people may have the supernatural ability to manipulate either water, earth, fire, or air. There is one person known as the Avatar, who maintains balance between the four nations and is the only person who can bend all four elements. Korra, the hotheaded independent protagonist of the series, is the next incarnation of the Avatar after Aang from the original series.[3] Set at least 70 years after the defeat of Firelord Ozai and Princess Azula in the series finale of the original show, creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko[4] plan to follow Korra as she learns Airbending while facing an anti-bender revolution.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Korra-action-shot.jpg

• 87 Replies
DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,762 posts
Nomad

Must have a decendent of the cabage guy. No exceptions. No other requests. He just has to be incorperated in the show. HE HAS TO.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I don't like it as much as the last airbender trailer.
Too much fire bending and to futuristic.

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

@kingofwar no its not. 75 years in the future. If you're talking about actors, then maybe there might be some of the same actors.

MrMoneh
MrMoneh
78 posts
Nomad

As much as I'll feel depressed that the original series is over, the new series and plot that I read seems that it'll catch the old fans and possibly new ones aka woman demography.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Pure awsomeness

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

AW YEAH, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO COME OUT. I thought there was a series that had the later life of Aang and Katara, who had kids or something like that.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I thought there was a series that had the later life of Aang and Katara, who had kids or something like that.

I don't remember anything like that, but if it's out them maybe someone can find it and let me know.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Hope you guys don't mind me resurrecting this, but the premier was last week and we will be getting the second episode today.

So what did everyone think of it who saw the premier? I personally liked it. They kept with the same style of animation. I thought Aang's grandchildren were funny. I hope they will fill us in on more back story for characters from the previous series, which they might do given we have so many of their ancestors running around even in the first episode.

Zamiel
Zamiel
175 posts
Nomad

Saw both first episodes and now i'm chevking everyday for new ones.

I really like how they keep up the dry humor that got me hooked in the first season.
I also like the semi futuristic settings , it's like America in the 1930's and such.
Anyone else saw those episodes ?

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
704 posts
Nomad

I saw the first 2 episodes aand I think that the original avatar was WAY better.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Hope you guys don't mind me resurrecting this, but the premier was last week and we will be getting the second episode today.

I saw bits of one of the episodes. I think Katara was in it as an old lady. Did they ever mention how Aang died? Or if Toph and Sokka are still around?
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
704 posts
Nomad

Aang's dead, and korra has to learn airbending from his son, the only airbender left.

Toph's daughter (or son, i dont remember) runs the police force using metal-bending

Katara's still, alive (shes real old)

there are a lot of people that dont want people to bend anymore.
and there are a lot of Pro-bending contests (its something like tennis...)

That pretty much sums it up

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Korra travels to Republic City to learn Airbending from Aang's son, who is the only airbending MASTER left. There are plenty other airbenders, but Aang and Katara's son is the only MASTER. Katara is staying in the Southern water tribe area, but Aang is dead.

The new baddie is some dude who is against all bending, and they have formed a party called the Equalists. Who believe NO ONE should bend at all, and that the benders are forcing the non benders to be underclass and blue collar stuff. Republic City is about... 1920's type technology and that, and it's far mare sophisticated than the first season of the Avatar.

Pro-Bending is just like boxing. It's 2 teams of three (water, fire, and earth benders) that try to not fall off a podium. There are 3 small zones on the podium, and you start in zone 1. If you get pushed back, you go farther and farther all the way to zone 3. Whoever's team has the last man standing on the podium wins.

Korra somehow managed to join a very good team, The Fire Ferrets, and they are going to the championships or something like that.

WOO.

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

Korra's bending isn't all that fluid as Aangs was. kinda disappointing but oh well. also can't wait to see her in the avatar state. gonna be awesome!!

I want to see Aangs other kids besides Tenzin too because it would be funny how they turned out :P

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

If anyone knows a link to watch this show please post it onto my profile please.

Thanks.

Showing 46-60 of 87