ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArmor Games Presidential Campaign 2011

78 25991
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

All credit for this idea comes from this thread.
The object of this is to elect a president of Armor Games through a series of challenges such as poster making, slogan creation and speeches.

I will be the sole judge, unless I decide otherwise, and to enter simply post a picture of your candidate and a short description of the candidate.

Rules!
All the usual rules of AG. Also keep political attack ads to yourself unless asked for.

Deadline for all candidates will be the 11th of July. There is no limit to candidates so join, join, join!

• 78 Replies
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

Ladies and gentlemen (and ungentlemen, too) I present... Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris!

http://www.dixiworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/by_the_way_they_was_friends_02.jpg
Together, no one shall stop our combined power! We will crush our opponents and destroy anything that gets in our way!

We stand for freedom, justice, integrity, and super ****** roundhouse kicks.

Vote for Chuck and Bruce! Vote for freedom!

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

http://www.solarnavigator.net/media/media_images/Al_Gore_Vice_President_of_the_United_States_official_portrait_1994.jpg

Haha, why hello there, everyone, I'm Al Gore, and I'm the president for you.

You may be wondering, what is that dashing and handsome man, Al Gore, doing running for a president of a children's gaming site?

Well, you see, long ago, I, Al Gore, created the internet. I gave birth to all of you and your little internet lives. And you see, more recently, I, Al Gore, started a campaign to take back what is mine. Little by little I've begun to rule all the little corners of the internet. Sure you all see where your buddy Al Gore is coming from?

I've already gained the trust of tinypic, photobucket; even 4chan is on the verge of letting me, Al Gore, be their president!

Armorgames, if I gain your trust, we can move on to much bigger things: Facebook, Youtube, Tumblr, DeviantArt, you name!

So Armorgamers, I'm Al Gore, and here's a convenient truth: I'm the president for you!

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Welcome new candidates!
However Trudog having two candidates is not allowed, especially of that caliber. Please choose one or the other.

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

However Trudog having two candidates is not allowed, especially of that caliber. Please choose one or the other.

*Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks Bruce Lee*
It is finished. I, Chuck Norris will crush every opponent under my iron fist.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Very well then trudog welcome to the race!

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Well I know its not the 11th but I will still give you the next challenge anyways. Other can still join until tomorrow.
CHALLENGE 1
Here it is the first challenge in your race for Presidential glory. What is it you ask? Why a campaign poster of course! The only rules are it must have your candidates name on it or have an image of the candidate. Other than that go crazy and wow the voters with a graphic display of postertastic performance.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/7109/posterrf.png

Are you wow'd yet?!

Vote for Billy.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I'll join. This looks pretty cool.

Waiting for a registration email to get sent, and then I'll have my poster up.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac284/Wepic_in/tophatman.jpg

If anyone needs translation, let me know.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee395/Maverick400/GotVoteedit.gif

Hopefully this is big enough. Created a Photobucket for this. Registration Email didn't make it through. :/

Like this one better though, and I made it.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The bigger letters came out better. D:

Forgot to say, but the 'Got' is from a 'Got Milk?' add. I think its clear I spent more time on the 'Vote?', but I wanted that to be bigger than '-mav'.

Oh well.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

Hopefully this is big enough.

Hey, Billy asked first! :/

Anyways, dudeguy, your poster made me chuckle. It truly is an irresistible moustache.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Hey, Billy asked first! :/

TWSS?

I like the hat more on Dudeguy's. Its really big.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

One thing I forgot was the end date the 19th next Tuesday or whenever all entries are submitted. Also maverick I will require a photo of your candidate and a short description of the candidate before I can accept your poster.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv296/goumas13/formav.jpg

(Image by Goumas. Used with permission.)

Re-entry, because I realized the first one was a little... immature.

Introducing the next President of Armor Games...

MAV!!!

Ladies, Gentlemen, and possible intelligent computers, Rick is the candidate for you. Why, you ask? Just look at the current mess left by the predescssors in Irvine, California*! Attrocious! The missed deadlines with AG3**! Despicable! The hordes of users with no Armor Points, the keystone of our economy***! Horrendous! With his giant flail, Rick can slash through red tape, crush the opposition, and force bi-partisanship through brute force and dashing good looks.

Got Vote?

*The word 'mess' is a relative term and should always be used sparingly. If one is not qualified, one should not attempt to decipher what 'mess' in this usage implies.

**'Deadlines', in this case, were never set in stone. While general dates were implied, nothing can be techinacally missed as nothing was ever promised.

***Recent economist and professors have debated the meaning of an 'economy'. It is generally assumed that imports and exports are needed, as is some form of currency. While AG imports nothing, and only exports entertainment, a non-measureable item, any semblance of an economy is negotiable. However, why have currency if you have no economy?

Gah. Switched some things, didn't like them, and forgot to switch them back. I'll get a moderator to delete my last two fails.

Showing 16-30 of 78