ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArmor Games Presidential Campaign 2011

78 26010
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

All credit for this idea comes from this thread.
The object of this is to elect a president of Armor Games through a series of challenges such as poster making, slogan creation and speeches.

I will be the sole judge, unless I decide otherwise, and to enter simply post a picture of your candidate and a short description of the candidate.

Rules!
All the usual rules of AG. Also keep political attack ads to yourself unless asked for.

Deadline for all candidates will be the 11th of July. There is no limit to candidates so join, join, join!

• 78 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Hey Kacboy! If you let me win, I'll make you my VP!

Guess who?

Well there is no president beacuse of the adminastrators, and mod's

This is just for fun. I would have thought that rather obvious.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Well there is no president beacuse of the adminastrators, and mod's.

Please read the first posts in a thread before posting.
gbnxc
gbnxc
192 posts
Nomad

Lol is this just for fun or will the president actually have a job for the site

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Lol is this just for fun or will the president actually have a job for the site

Ask the common sense machine, not us.

Just curious, but when will we know about the next part? I'm quite anxious.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Just curious, but when will we know about the next part? I'm quite anxious.

Well right now.
Round 2!
Its now time for the second round of the Campaign. This time you will be asked to answer two questions drawn from various issues a future president will have to deal with.

Question 1
How would you deal with a troll?

Question 2
If you had to choose a future mod to help out AG who would it be and why?

Question 3
Do you think the AP system is flawed or is it a sufficient system that should be continued?

Question 4
What would you add to the site to make it run smoother or with more efficiency.

Question 5
If a train was coming full of orphans towards a cliff and you could stop it by throwing a fat man in front of it would you? Or would you allow the fat man to live?
xDuked
xDuked
29 posts
Nomad

Well, even though I'm not a candidate, I still want to answer these questions. :P

1: I would maybe tell thee person of what happens to trolls in the future, or that I would ignore the troll, and he would get bored. (Unless if the troll really has no life.)

2: Well, I'm new to the AG community, but I would elect myself since I been moderator in few websites and been controlling users in websites also.

3: I say it's a sufficient system that should be continued.

4: A lot more moderators that can control the website to run it smoother.

5: Well, I would say to allow the fat man to live because really, a fat man can block a train towards a cliff.... really?

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Question 1

The answer to that is clear: A public execution is in order! I would kill it with water, as it puts out the flames! Or maybe a boring hang, draw, and quarter. Either way, they must not curse us with their superstitious ways and bring the mob into a rage, as this leads to disorderly conduct among the orderlies.

Question 2

Well, I would pick Xzeno! I have no idea why, I just would! Xzeno would be my running mate if there were vice presidents too!

Question 3
Do you think the AP system is flawed or is it a sufficient system that should be continued?

It's like money. Everyone has it but me! There is no reason it shouldn't continue, otherwise how do I pay for new filters on my mask?

Question 4

The introduction of free barbecue ribs every third Tuesday would make this place exactly four times more efficient. I don't know how, it just would.

Question 5
If a train was coming full of orphans towards a cliff and you could stop it by throwing a fat man in front of it would you? Or would you allow the fat man to live?

Yes. The sheer hilarity of a fat guy stopping a train would make it very YouTube worthy. Thus, I would video tape it.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

Question time with Billy the Box!

Question 1

The answer is simple. Billy would take the burden of being the victim of this troll's trolling, by allowing the troll to put all his controversial nonsense through the slot on his top, or possibly in one single specific thread, where those who are interested may see it, and those who aren't may go to complain about it, as complaining about spam is another form of spam, and thus appropriate in the aforementioned thread.

If the troll would continue to venture outside of "The Troll Reservation", as it would be called, the only solution would be to beat it with a stick. And yes, that is meant literally.

Question 2

If Billy could pick anyone, he would pick Santa Claus, because he sees all, he knows all, and he's got nothing better to do for 364 days of the year. His powers would be very useful in keeping the order in the forums, and unlike many beings with those same powers, he does not abuse them, nor does he think a punishment is the only solution. He realizes that rewarding good deeds is as important, if not MORE important, than punishing those who do wrong. That, and he's kinda adorable. I mean, just look at him!

Choosing between users who are currently registered on the forum would be much harder, and Billy feels like that decision should not be made without much contemplation, and will refrain from making this decision now.

Question 3

Some people might say "Why fix what is not broken?", but Billy says "Why settle for just fine?". There are some things in this world that are perfect in every way, like magic space crocodiles and Tom Selleck's moustache (Magnum), but the point system is not one of them. If it is not perfect, that means it can be improved. If it can be improved, attempts to make it so should be made, if it does not distract from other higher prioritized tasks. However, Billy does not feel that it is necessary to start from scratch with a new system.

Here are some of the suggestions from Billy's staff.

* Make forum posts, game ratings and comments give one AP each. The other can stay the same.
* Allow users to rate posts and comments up and down (reason why will follow).
* Give users a small title based on how they use the community.
Examples:
- A user whose main source of AP is rating games could be called:
-- Armor Gamer.
- A user whose main source of AP is commenting on games could be called:
-- Quick Critic (If average comment quality is low)
-- Developers' Best Friend (If average comment quality is high)

These were just examples of how the system could work, and it is not necessarily the titles Billy would use, nor is this where Billy would end his improvements. Billy will not stop until everything is perfect, and though this is most likely an unachievable goal, it will make sure the site is always improving.

Question 4

According to our research, most people would find a picture of a panda flying a kite to be adorable. Therefore, we feel that such a picture would calm people, and make them feel less annoyed when they are experiencing bugs and long loading times. Therefore, we wish to add a small picture of a panda flying a kite on every page. This picture would have a low file size, and would be the first thing to be loaded, allowing people to go "aww" while waiting for the page to load.

Question 5

Unfortunately, Billy lacks arms, and would be incapable of any shoving or throwing. Billy would however encourage this man to get in front of the train himself, unless said fat man was Santa Claus.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Its cool if you guys want to answer all the questions but

Well right now.
Round 2!
Its now time for the second round of the Campaign. This time you will be asked to answer two questions drawn from various issues a future president will have to deal with.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Obviously reading is not a presidential skill.
They got secretaries and personal assistants to do that for them.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

This time you will be asked to answer two questions drawn from various issues a future president will have to deal with.

We did answer two questions. Then we answered some more, you know, as a bonus.

Besides, you can't get everything you ask for.

Also, Tucker did it.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Question 2

As much as Mav would enjoy choosing a new moderator, he accepts the fact that this is outside of his rights and abilities. Only the 'House of Administration', and 'House Majority Leader' Ian, and 'House Minority Leader' Carlie have the power to suggest new moderators, and only the 'House of Moderation', lead by (Ninja) Speaker Strop, have the power to vote on it.

So out of respect of the AG Constitution, Mav would never attempt to force his own opinions on another political body. A Political Body should work together to improove its constituency, rather than resort to partisan bickering and selfishness.

Question 5

Only a Utilitarian would sacrifice the life of an innocent man (however obese), and only a fool would allow the train to drive off the cliff. This only leaves one other option...

Mav, being the courageous War Hero and Veteran of Operation: Armor Shield and Opertaion: Armor Storm, would sprint towards the train. He would leap onto the tracks, swing his mighty flail, and wedge it inbetween the train's wheels and the track. If this failed, Mav would leap in front of the train, and use his stregnth to further slow the train down, thus saving the orphans and the (fat) man.

Mav: He'd take a bullet train for you.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Question 5

Hoo seys teh faT mans has 2 die? Meebe he soooo fat, blubbber azorb shok n trane livez. it wen-wen.

Question 3

ef u vote 4 meh, U ALL GEET ALL THE $MONEYZ$ U WANT so u no need AP anemour.

VOTE 4 ME

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/84/Austin_Lane_Crothers,_photograph_of_head_with_top_hat.jpg/386px-Austin_Lane_Crothers,_photograph_of_head_with_top_hat.jpg

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Wow I won round 1! I thought I didn't do a good job with that poster but I have to thank my good friend iRapp for building that awesome castle in Minecraft.

Do we answer all of those questions? I'll have to put my thinking cap on for some of those. :/

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Woops... *feels stupid* didn't realize there was another page of posts...

Question 1

Push it back under the bridge, preferably the draw bridge in front of my castle.

Question 5

I would build a blocky wall of obsidian which I dug with my trusty diamond pick in the world of Minecraftia and brought to Armor World. Thus the orphan train would smack right into it's 15 second destructibility and I assume they are in the 3rd car and back so they would 63% survive, with minor casualties and a few broken necks, broken arms, bruises, and scratches.
Showing 46-60 of 78