ForumsPopular MediaAfter-story of Avatar the Last Air Bender

23 6422
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Okay,we all we that the storyline ended way too fast.Sure it may seem like 3 years is a while but not very much happened in each episode (with the exception of a few season finales)so I would like to know everybody's variation of an after-story.

• 23 Replies
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Hmmm well I think most of it was covered pretty well with the exception of Zuko's mom, and how the next avatar will learn airbending if aang is the last airbender.

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Yes they did leave that out of the main storyline.At first I thought it was leading to another season but I was corrected.If you have yet to read my other forum on Avatar the legend of korra then you wouldn't know that the next avatar learns airbending from Aang and Katara's son, Tenzin

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
529 posts
Nomad

Yeah, like most cartoons, it ended up with a lot of unanswered questions.

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

I really think if it wasn't aired on nickelodeon it could have been a much more mature series of anime.Great idea but just not enough flexibility stuck on a kids channel.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I guess this was inspired by my post in the other Avatar thread, so I guess I should post my thoughts here.

I had imagined it as a fourth season to the 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' series (Book of Air). The story would pick up right where the last season left off with the Fire Lord deposed and Zuko in his place. Zuko on the tip from his father sets off to find his mother.

In the mean time Aang and his friends are getting the change to finally enjoy a bit of peace. Though it's a bit bitter sweet for Aang as the last airbender. Teo (the earth Kingdom boy living at the Northern Air Temple) arrives with news for Aang, that they discovered evidence that there may be other Airbenders still alive. The rumors are vague but indicate the existence of a hidden nomadic Air tribe. With very little information to go on Aang sets out to find this tribe.

Azula who has also been deposed and has gone insane is held in prison with only her delusions to talk to. These delusions are of her former friends, brother, avatar and his friends mocking her of her loss. Her mother still trying to comfort her, but the visions of her grow more horrific and her father telling her how much of a disappointment she is at her failure. Which finally drives her to make an escape. Once escaped she is further driven by her hallucination to seek revenge on all those who she feels have wronged her.

There would be a filler episode where Sokka retrieves his weapons.

Aang would eventually finds the nomadic Air Tribe, but they have since lost the knowledge of how to bend. So Aang begins to instruct them in airbending.

In the end Azula loses all touch with reality and ends up destroying herself. Aang and the new Airbenders are seen training at a restored temple.

There is clearly more that could fit in this, but that is as much as I had thought of.

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

It sounds kind of dumb but I think since Aang took fire-lord Ozai's bending I thought he could transfer that to Sokka and since he could fire-bend him and zuko could go on an adventure to find Zuko's mother.Then possibly leading to a relationship with Sokka and Katara's father(Hakoda)and Zuko's newly found mother.

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Also I think that MageGrayWolf's idea was great about Azula breaking out and eventually leading to her demise.Great idea but they probably wouldn't allow someone to die because after all it is aired on a kids channel .Possibly if it was a series on adult swim or maybe a written series it could happen

DeadFamous
DeadFamous
153 posts
Nomad

Honestly, I just would have loved to find out what exactly happened to Zuko's mother. It kind of upset me when they just left that out.

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Yeah and the worst part is they just left us thinking there would be another season on account of that

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Great idea but they probably wouldn't allow someone to die because after all it is aired on a kids channel .Possibly if it was a series on adult swim or maybe a written series it could happen

They mentioned and implied a number of people dying in that show.
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Yes but nothing close to murder or assassination.I do remember on the season 1 finale when aang went into the avatar state and eventually killed admiral zhao

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Yes but nothing close to murder or assassination.I do remember on the season 1 finale when aang went into the avatar state and eventually killed admiral zhao

Wasn't proposing murder or assassination, she does it to herself.
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Yes because it was basically suicide considering zuko offered to help him and he chose to die instead.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

It wouldn't have to be violent. Say, a fight scene between Aang and her, in an Air Temple. The Tribe watches, and while she's fighting, she gets knocked over the side.

Camera closes to see her break through a cloud, and dissapear.

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

I'm so excited for the legend of Korra! Since it's 75 years in the future, there's gonna be water, air, fire, earth bending on motorcycles!

Showing 1-15 of 23