Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Java?

Posted May 12, '08 at 10:40pm

snowman1474

snowman1474

240 posts

Can I submit Java games on Armor Games? Because I'm going to start to learn Java over the summer. And I want to make games amongst other things. And I want to contribute to the community by submitting quality games

Thanks

~Snowman1474

Posted May 13, '08 at 7:59am

dank

dank

1,045 posts

Knight

No, you can only submit .swf files made in Flash. Java is a good program to learn OOP in, but it isn't the best choice for game design.

Posted May 13, '08 at 3:08pm

jokerxxx

jokerxxx

43 posts

you need adobe flash cs3

Posted May 13, '08 at 7:19pm

snowman1474

snowman1474

240 posts

Dang I know that I can make more complex games in Java than in Flash. And I DONT necessarily need Adobe Flash CS3... that's just the standard.

I wish I could submit my Java games that I will make over the summer when I learn Java 6. I was going to learn flash but Java is better to use.... it's more of a all purpose language. You can make ANYTHING with it :P

~Snowman1474 :'(

Posted May 15, '08 at 10:46pm

snowman1474

snowman1474

240 posts

I contacted Armor Games, and they said that they aren't taking any other games besides flash at the moment. But they might some day expand to other formats. So thanks guys

~Snowman1474

Posted May 15, '08 at 11:00pm

dank

dank

1,045 posts

Knight

Java is often thought to be a powerful OOP language, though it was not at first made to be and doesn't have the structure to be that great in the OOP area. If you are looking for a language to develop games in, you will want a good OOP language such as C++.

Posted May 15, '08 at 11:11pm

silentclore

silentclore

323 posts

Yea it's only flash games right now but that be totally awesome if they expanded to Java and other formats, I've never heard of a site that's done that. This would totally make armorgames stick out and be a little more original ( even tho it has plenty).

Reply to Java?

You must be logged in to post a reply!