ForumsWEPRSuicide

262 71619
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Is it ever acceptable?
Is it cowardice or a cry for help?
Some cultures accepted it as something of honor (namely the Japanese military in WWII). Others condemned it (namely the ancient Spartans).
Share your thoughts and opinions here.

• 262 Replies
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

As it should be as i belong to a different life and morality,not to mention our age and generation difference.

Sorry akqpars, but I don't get it either. You have to rephrase your point. It has nothing to with age difference but I just simply don't understand what you're trying to say...
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

As it should be as i belong to a different life and morality,not to mention our age and generation difference.

That's not the problem, like grimml said. You just need to write more clearly.

But to them whom commits it, we should ask their experience.

How so? Someone who commits suicide is dead.. do you believe in people coming back from death? They have willingly ended their life instead of letting it end, why should they want to come back?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Well gosh, reading through this since my last post gave me such a chuckle.

Suicide is not acceptable no matter what. It doesnt matter what your going through because if you comit suicide thats a one way ticket to hell. Suicide isnt the answer. I mean like if your being abused, get help. There will always be someone to comfort you no matter your situation. I dont now thats what i think.

You haven't experienced what they have felt, so really you should have no say on if it's acceptable. Wait until it comes to your door - you'll change your tune very quickly.

How so? Someone who commits suicide is dead.. do you believe in people coming back from death? They have willingly ended their life instead of letting it end, why should they want to come back?

As i said, gave me lulz.
akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

I just simply don't understand what you're trying to say...

That is the point for me already. Its better this way than yourself comprehending some part of the sentence and construed it to another form.

How so? Someone who commits suicide is dead..

Exactly. We will never know for sure. Lets die and talk later on about it.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Conducted any good seances lately?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Exactly. We will never know for sure. Lets die and talk later on about it.

I'm guessing not everyone on the site believes we'll end up in the same place after death.

Plus, suicide is one of those things, not everyone has to accept it but everyone has to understand it. It's scarily happening more and more in our society and we're progressed so these things shouldn't be hushed up.

The age for kids committing suicide here is unreal, i've heard stories of ten year olds do it. Now people saying it's rubbish that kids do it - how the hell can a ten year old deal with an insane amount of pressure?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

The age for kids committing suicide here is unreal, i've heard stories of ten year olds do it. Now people saying it's rubbish that kids do it - how the hell can a ten year old deal with an insane amount of pressure?

I agree, that is waaaay too young to even consider suicide. Usually kids are better at letting go of depression than adults: they might sob for a few minutes, then get bored of sobbing and go play. They should know to find an adult for help. But I can understand that there are some whose parents are abusive and cause a general distrust of adults.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Usually kids are better at letting go of depression than adults: they might sob for a few minutes, then get bored of sobbing and go play

What you're referring too sounds more like kids being upset rather than actual depression.

A lot of people gloss over the fact young children genuinely feel a deep depression, it's sad to think that we lose so many kids to this because depression is "teenage angst" It's so much more than that.
GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Kids who suicides are nothing but cowards. People went trough far worst then them but never let go of life.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

But kids need to feel like they're cared about. If they feel hated everyday then thay're bound to be depressed.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Kids who suicides are nothing but cowards. People went trough far worst then them but never let go of life.

How would you know their circumstances?
What if they were horrifically sexually, physically and emotionally abused all their lives? If they were outcast and bullied in school and literally felt alone. If they'd watched family members die.

You wouldn't know.
akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

I tend to jump from high places when i look down. I wonder what makes me feel like that.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I tend to jump from high places when i look down. I wonder what makes me feel like that.

What do you mean?
akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

What do you mean?

I can't lean and look down from an opened window for example. The more i look, the more i am to be a goner.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I can't lean and look down from an opened window for example. The more i look, the more i am to be a goner.

That sounds more like a fear of heights.
Showing 31-45 of 262