ForumsWEPR

0 1519
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

I am not ashamed to admit two things about my life. One, I am a Christian. Second, I am bisexual. I am a Libertarian at heart, and I believe in equal social rights for all.

I have heard church propaganda over and over again about how it is immoral to be gay, or to engage in any homosexual activity. The pastor at the Lutheran church that I used to go to has said, "Gays are immoral and will burn in hell." Most right-wing "Christians" will say the same thing. In high school, I fell into the same trap. I tried to repress those homosexual desires. I spoke out about immoral the gays were, and that the government should only be filled with Christians who would create a perfect Christian society.

It was my first year of college that I finally stopped fooling myself. I had repressed my desires for nearly 3 years. It is time for right-wing "Christian" politicians to accept that homosexuality is a biological function. There is no choice in sexuality. If sexuality is a choice, can straight people change to being gay? No! So why do anti-gay groups think gays can become straight? There is no 'on/off' switch that can be flipped to change sexuality. Accept that gays are who they are!

What these anti-gay groups should be focusing on is not gays. I donât know the exact figures, but there are hundreds, if not thousands of references to helping the poor in the Bible, while there are a dozen or so references condemning homosexuality. A real Christian would not spend his/her time condemning homosexuals; instead they should help the poor, needy, and less-fortunate.

• 0 Replies
Showing 1-0 of 0