Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

What is Visual Basic ?

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 7:26am

BryanPhilip

BryanPhilip

3 posts

Visual Basic (VB) is the third-generation event-driven programming language and integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft for its COM programming model. Visual Basic is relatively easy to learn and use.

Visual Basic was derived from BASIC and enables the rapid application development (RAD) of graphical user interface (GUI) applications, access to databases using Data Access Objects, Remote Data Objects, or ActiveX Data Objects, and creation of ActiveX controls and objects. Scripting languages such as VBA and VBScript are syntactically similar to Visual Basic, but perform differently.

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 3:35pm

elshobokshy

elshobokshy

135 posts

it would be wise to buy a book on the language you're attempting to learn, as they can oftentimes be more in depth than Internet sources.

I got one, it's boring to read...

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 6:05pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

Nothing worthwhile in life comes easily. If you can't seem to study from it or find the subject material boring then you should either think of something useful and personally meaningful you can do or find another hobby.

Posted Dec 20, '11 at 12:27pm

saadli

saadli

1 post

The Visual Basic language is designed to be human readable and accessible to everyone from novice programmers to advanced system architects.

http://vb.net-informations.com

Posted Jul 10, '12 at 1:31pm

markjeggar

markjeggar

1 post

Visual Baic (VB.NET) and C# from .Net family languages from Microsoft. Both are same but syntaxwise these languages are different. If you are from a vb background its is easy to study vb.net http://vb.net-informations.com , c# syantaxes are more like Java and C++. Both languages are Object Oriented.

mark

Posted Jul 14, '12 at 5:39am

manny6574

manny6574

862 posts

Haha, dude I know that feeling, I currently have a few books I am reading to learn C++ and a few books on networking and security. Try taking it in in bits, a chapter at a time. I always find that it makes it slightly less boring.

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 8:45am

Besch

Besch

45 posts

VB is one of the more evil creations of Microsoft to torment mainly young students in programming classes. If you though Office was cruel than do not try to develope Add-Ins for Office with VB.
Writing a game with VB is merely impossible. Try Java (e.g. Minecraft) or C++ (direct access to DirectX and OpenGL) or flash for device independend support.

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 11:07am

mightybob

mightybob

351 posts

A AMAZING website to learn tons of programing languages (javascript, python, ect) is http://www.codecademy.com/#!/exercises/ … nit's a great website that makes code more fun to learn, without dumbing it down!

Its my go to site when i want to learn some new coding!

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 11:09am

mightybob

mightybob

351 posts

also if you are looking to learn to make games, Adobe Flash is what you will be looking at, which means learning Action Script.

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 5:04pm

GifNgga

GifNgga

26 posts

I used to make Yahoo! Crackers in VB back in the 90's :P
#Winsocks

Reply to What is Visual Basic ?

You must be logged in to post a reply!