ForumsNews and FeedbackThe "Hey yo, this should be a merit" button.

3 2421
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

You know how merits are done when mods and admins see nice comments. Well, no comments are ever seen from certain games that really do deserve one. I was thinking, next to the flag button, there should be the merit button, where it recommends merits to mods and admins. The mods see it, and if approved, gives a merit. Just like the flagging system. Comment?

• 3 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Eh? What's wrong with the way we look for reviews, hmm? I'll have you know I merited ~4 reviews during my first two weeks!

Well, no comments are ever seen from certain games that really do deserve one.

We can decide if they are deserving of a merit. Reviews are more than just length and hard work. Yeah, I myself see the rare blocks of text when perusing through the comment section of games. It may be just be and the spam eliminator, but these are becoming more prevalent in the new games area, aside from the plague known as Shell Shock Live. While these are great comments and worthy of a salute, these don't warrant merits. They aren't as thorough, detailed, and, for Pete's sake, congruous as proper reviews should be. The merit standards are high, and it's up to us to see if they are worthy. While one comment may appear to be great, looks can be deceiving. I call it.... Wall-O-Text Spam Ratio Syndrome.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We used to have a way for users to flag something up until it was auto-merited, but it got out of hand and was removed from the site and we gave that control to Moderators and Admins instead.

What you describe is strikingly similar to our Reputation system.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Also, as we've stated several times, we're not going to have a merit system on AG3.

Showing 1-3 of 3