circuitstar
75 posts
Nomad

What a stupid post

KrissKhan
KrissKhan
271 posts
Farmer

I don't got any problems on Shell Shock but I didn't see a topic on this awsome game before (maybe I'm blind ._.).

So good initiative =)

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

If you're going to make a thread about the problems with the game, then make a thread titled "Problems with Shell Shock Live". I personally really enjoy the game as it's online and you actually have to think when you shoot.

Munhozmib
Munhozmib
9 posts
Nomad

By problem you mean technical stuff, or just general complaints about the game?

Foraker
Foraker
101 posts
Nomad

It's the right time for this thread! I've got a big problem with most of the players at Shell Shock Live! If I'm loosing, I stay in the game and try to get as many pts as possible. But most of the players are leaving if they recognize, that they're loosing. That's extremly annoying!!! Because it has nothing to do with gaming. The games fun-factor is reaching nearly zero for me, because of that!

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

I stay in the game and try to get as many pts as possible. But most of the players are leaving if they recognize, that they're loosing. That's extremly annoying!!!

If people on your team leaves, that means you control their tanks, which means more xp for you. I like it when my team leaves, one time I even caused them to leave by saying "For better weapons, Push ctrl+W" (I only did that because I was close enough to rank up, but I needed control of all three tanks).
Foraker
Foraker
101 posts
Nomad

Most time I play 1 on 1 with high wind. And if the enemie leaves, I don't get the wind bonus! But even without wind it's loosing the fun when everyone leaves.

If people on your team leaves, that means you control their tanks, which means more xp for you.

REALLY??? Thx for telling. Now I can get lvl 23 much faster.
Eli1010
Eli1010
274 posts
Nomad

i bought weapons lol

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

You don't get full xp though, only half. So if you also have it on double weapons, you only get 1/4 of the xp, but every little bit counts, I guess.
Foraker
Foraker
101 posts
Nomad

That was irony. But I ment it the funny way.

You don't get full xp though, only half. So if you also have it on double weapons, you only get 1/4 of the xp, but every little bit counts, I guess.

I never played with double-weps. And my oppinion is, that I get full xp and premiums get double xp.

It was fun getting up to lvl 22, but as I said in my first post, the fun is away (thx to all leavers).
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I think the best solution to people leaving when they're losing is to increase the leaving penalty. This is the current penalty:

The penalty is 10 XP (a very small amount) and the XP comes back. People are realizing this and are not afraid to leave.

Two things need to happen to keep people in games even when they're doomed:

1) The lost experience should not come back.
2) The experience penalty needs to be bigger.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Shell shock is pretty good. I just started to play it a few days ago. Except that I suck at aiming. Lol. And 30 turns take forever and I eventually get bored. So I go with 15 turns for a round.

Foraker
Foraker
101 posts
Nomad

I think the best solution to people leaving when they're losing is to increase the leaving penalty. This is the current penalty:

The penalty is 10 XP (a very small amount) and the XP comes back. People are realizing this and are not afraid to leave.

Two things need to happen to keep people in games even when they're doomed:

1) The lost experience should not come back.
2) The experience penalty needs to be bigger.

I agree, but when you're closing your browser, tab or simply reload the page, you leave the game without any penalty. Sad, but your solution won't work.

Quitting only for the stats. In my oppinion, that's simply cheating!
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Shell shock is pretty good. I just started to play it a few days ago. Except that I suck at aiming. Lol. And 30 turns take forever and I eventually get bored. So I go with 15 turns for a round.

I know the feeling, my aim is awful so i tend to get beaten but it's a good game.

I don't think it's fair (An issue i also have with Exitpath) that all levels are in together. I think you should only be able to compete against those who are your level because the higher levels have better weapons which do more damage - so you can't compete.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I know the feeling, my aim is awful so i tend to get beaten but it's a good game.

I know right?
I don't think it's fair (An issue i also have with Exitpath) that all levels are in together. I think you should only be able to compete against those who are your level because the higher levels have better weapons which do more damage - so you can't compete.

I agree. But I've beaten a lot of grandmasters. And about shell shock being unfair. Yeah.
Showing 1-15 of 47