ForumsThe TavernSchool.

55 6934
JsaKim
JsaKim
267 posts
Nomad

This Thread is to discuss anything about School.

I am currently going to an intermediate school and i am enjoying it.

Do you like school?

• 55 Replies
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

I hate all my teachers, they are all soooooooooooooo weird as in they are all hippies.

Ive had hippie-like teachers before. they make everything so much easier and more relaxing. I dont see why you are complaining.
Sheppard007
Sheppard007
239 posts
Nomad

Schools pretty cool, it all depends on who is in your classes and the teachers you get. Most of my teachers had been awesome so it's been a blast.

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

High school is better then junior high. in my school you can wear hats, chew gum, take your phone out if there's nothing going on, and your ipod if you're doing busy work.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

The only thing I don't like about school is the homework. Hanging out with friends and all that isn't so bad after all, is it?

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

I've been through 14 years of school so far and I will be starting college this coming semester.

gbnxc
gbnxc
192 posts
Nomad

I'm going into highschool and i like school i just dont like all the homework..

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
658 posts
Nomad

I actually really like school. I like seeing and hanging out with my friends. I also like school because I'm in band there, and I love it.

divy1324
divy1324
436 posts
Nomad

I love school a lot! I go to BBMS I didnt give out the name cuz then i thin id get banned... but anyway!! I actually like homework and projects and stuff

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

I'm going to be a sophomore in high school. I go to this new school that was built, East Hamilton. It's alright, teachers there know what they're doing. Can't say the same for the principals, though. School's buried in debt, they waste money on giant LCD TV's, I was almost suspended for getting the entire cafeteria to clap, not enough room for the school (this is going to be it's third year opened, and we still don't even have our first field, yet), it was built for about 2000 kids, but we had about 2600 kids last year, with more expected this coming year.

A lot of the kids there aren't exactly nice, either. Since a lot of parents were afraid of the giant school before it (Ooltewah high and middle), they sent them to private schools. But OHS's and OMS's only problem is that both are about 50 years old. They're just old schools in need of some touching up. So when EH was built, Ooltewah phobic parents sent their snotty, clickish, preppy private school kids here. And those kids make it even worse than before. More than half of them have been bringing drugs to the school and selling them. Others drink. They make the school terrible.

If I had the choice between EH and OHS, I'd pick OHS. People there at least know whet they're doing and you don't have jerks from private schools. This is not directed at everyone who goes to private schools. This is directed at the kids who used to go to private schools, then came to my school.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I tend to enjoy going to school, learning something that I enjoy and spending time with friends. I wish however that after a certain point there was a focus on classes that will be necessary once we graduate and less of one on advanced roles. For example my high school, like most I would imagine, offers AP Calculus AB, and AP Calculus BC yet doesn't offer even one basic economics class. People complain about children not knowing the value of money, perhaps it's because they're never taught.

In a slightly different issue, I always have, and always will hate standardized testing, it strikes me as something that attempts to stamp us into cardboard cutouts, in real life you don't always get an A-E list of choices, you have to be able to think for your self, without having somebody give you an optimal list.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

In a slightly different issue, I always have, and always will hate standardized testing, it strikes me as something that attempts to stamp us into cardboard cutouts, in real life you don't always get an A-E list of choices, you have to be able to think for your self, without having somebody give you an optimal list.

Something very good about standardized testing, though, is that the answer is right in front of you. But overall, you're right. They are somewhat of a joke. They also make them way too easy.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

School has never been much hard for me, but I feel like the whole idea of school is completely wrong (I can only talk about school in my country, of course). it looks like the main point of school is to inculcate a bunch of various notions of all kinds hoping that they will be useful sooner or later. In my opinion this method should be only used for reading and writing in the very first years of education and it could be extended to math, but it's counter-productive to keep doing that for ten years with such broad topics like science, history and literature. It only ends up making a lot of confusion, and making many students to lose interest on the topics, while it should be the main purpose of school to increase the interest so that students will be more motivated and more efficient to learn new things in their later life when they actually need those notions.
2.45 AM rant ftw. I hope all this stuff made any sense.

bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
290 posts
Scribe

School has so much potenetial to be good or bad depending on who your teachers are, if you have friends in your classes, etc. Personally, I like school usually even if the teacher doesn't know what they're talking about (in one of my classes last year, me and two of my friends basically taught the class to the people sitting near us because the teacher had no idea what they were saying, they practically read the lesson out of the textbook, and they still weren't doing it well.)

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I go to an accredited private highschool (10th grade). All the teachers there are really nice and helpful. We get an average of 2 hours of homework a night though.

I also just finished 2nd grade in High school.

You finished 2nd grade in highschool ? Most people finish that right after first grade.
swagman
swagman
156 posts
Nomad

I changed schools because I moved from Califotnia to Nevada but i'm not worried about it.I'll be in 8th grade(Yes i know i'm 14)and i'll just have fun with school just like usual.

Showing 16-30 of 55