ForumsSupport ForumSpam for referrals?

31 5323
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I see alot of people spam for referrals and it just annoys me and I want help to stop them from making spam accounts for AP Example jokerxx=87 referrals kingofgames =68 refferals(in two days) jackice=171 referrals) do you think they make fair accounts or spam accounts?

• 31 Replies
kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

........ (i am really angry....) i said 20 times i have 232 friends in icq (german version of msn) and all are gamefreaks so i wanted to get points and help armorgames at the same time! it was completly legal as moegreche said, and i dont even know how this account faking works! so i am really pissed you are always talking behind my back so leave me alone you were the one that spammed! when you had 4200 points you lost nearly 800!

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

and i dont get this all

jokerxxx
jokerxxx
41 posts
Nomad

crazynator i don't make referrals for ap i just make them for fun i don't care about ap,if i wanted i can make 200 referrals in 10 minutes because there is a way to do them fast but why don't i do them,because i don't care for ap i just make them for fun.if i wanted ap just for my self i wouldn't teach to anybody how to do them even if i teached somebody to do them but let's not make names.thats all.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Don't worry crazynaitor, the admins can check to see if the referrals that were submitted are real or not. If I am correct, submitting false referrals just to get points will result in a ban. I'm looking at you, Jackice. And you too, KoG. And you as well, jokerxx.

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

yeah but well uhm how you can look at a referral then you gotta see but the same over and over? (bad englisch

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

I don't understand what you are saying. The admins will know if you have submitted &quothony" referrals, and, in all probability, bad things will happen to you if you have.

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

wait does it affect that i toled my friends to go on armorgames and then on kingofgames there i posted my link and they went on it does this effect thiss so called "faking"?

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

My opinion on the matter is that we should no longer get points for referrals. It invites too much trouble :/

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

same hear i just want to say that the referral system does not work on icq you can spread like 100 times your link there and it is possible to get over 100 referrals in 10 minutes

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

thats why i got them so fast.. i just want to dont get targeted so i will stop making referrals even i wanted to invite every of my friends

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

The admins will check your referrals, if they are legitimate there will be nothing to worry about.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

but if they are spam there will be alot of trouble.

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

but i made my referrals over icq so probably it will be so that it show us that i faked them but i used icq and icq is a completly other system and works different then msn

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

If you faked them, you faked them. End of story. It doesn't matter what system it is. If a bunch of accounts with the same email and IP appear when they look up your referrals, you'll be in trouble.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I don't like where this conversation is going. We all want this site to grow, and killing referrals is very much opposed to that philosophy. At the time of this post, we have 85,169 members on this site, but only a very small percentage of those people are active on AG. This is the way any sort of membership works: you have a lot of interested people, but only a few follow through, and then only a handful of those stick with it. There are people out there with a lot of referrals and I have no idea where they came from. But if they are legit (and we must assume they are until proven otherwise) then we have some members that are greatly benefiting our community, and I don't want to step on the toes of already active members.
Please know that the admins will check into these referrals, but these users must stop being harassed by other members of the community.

Showing 1-15 of 31