ForumsNews and FeedbackAG Birthday.

5 2637
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

A lot of people refer to their join up date as their AG Birthday - i was wondering (And i apologize profusely if this has been asked before but i cannot find it) on AG3, will our "member since" be what it was on AG2 or will t change to the launch date as such?

• 5 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I believe it'll stay the same as it is on here. I think they'll be putting it in the "details" section where they'll be putting the other details of your account, such as age, location, etc..

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Thanks GoM, i hope it does stay the same, it's nice knowing who's been here longer and that, so you know what users to ask what questions :]

wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

Well I believe that they are transferring everything besides our points, but that's because we are going to be using a new point system.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Since all of the AG2 users are already in the AG3 database, the AG staff wouldn't dream of giving each and every one of them a new user ID number if they (the ones who joined before closed beta) were all added at the same time.

I suppose it could be approached as a "first login" kind of thing, but that wouldn't make sense for the ghost accounts, who would sit there in the database with perfectly accessible profiles and no "birthday" (or first login, if the situation were to be approached this way). It also wouldn't make sense to have a long-time user log in for the first time on AG3 four months after it was released, with many others having "joined" before his first AG3 login. It's just ridiculous to say that someone who joined AG2 in early '08 and didn't log into AG3 until December 2011 has been a member for less time than someone who never once visited AG2 and signed up for AG3 in November 2011.

So, logic tells me that we'll be keeping our AG2 birthdays. Either I did a great job answering your question or I just confused you even more. I'm hoping that I managed to accomplish both.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Your "member since" date will remain the same.

Showing 1-5 of 5