ForumsGames[old]oblivion

144 34032
Masterkaossss
Masterkaossss
31 posts
Nomad

ive probably spent at least a month worth of time in that game, and i still havnt found everything yet. anyone who knows any goodies in some caves or ruins anywhere we should share and discuss. personally, the best ive found in some ruins is Umbra, but i still dont know where to start that quest haha

• 144 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Oblivion basically just improved everything that was wrong with Morrowind and added some great features.

In Morrowind:

-- Greater quality of stats and skills. Skills had actually made sense.

-- Better damage quality. It was more specific and farther spread out. Instead of "24 power", it would read something like "10-24". You had 3 different types of damage you could use on your opponent, e.g. chop, slice, and thrust. Instead of wildly attacking your opponent like some maniac, you had different ways of attacking, which made it more like a real combat sequence. Oh sure, Oblivion had "attack techniques", but would that really matter in a fight?

-- You could actually THROW SOMETHING in Morrowind.

-- Higher range of spell types. Use a spell to prevent someone from using spells accurately! Be able to fly! Be able to jump!

-- Better explanation of using shields. You SHOULDN'T be able to use a shield proficiently, even if you had a shield skill of 5.

-- No magic compass that tells you where something is, even though your own boss doesn't know. Huh??

-- Better main story. In Morrowind, you mean something, instead of being a king's puppet.

Oblivion:

-- Better texture

-- Better animations.

-- Better faction storylines. In Oblivion, you had a faction story to also follow, instead of boss's barking out orders for you to do.

Yeah, I think I know which game is better
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

Actually I play Oblivion with the difficulty either 3/4 or all the way to the right. This creates a great challenge and is definitely NOT for casual gamers.

Nothing beats Hircines quest in morrowind on max difficluty, the were wolves still hit freaking over 500 damage with max amrmor.thats 3 hit ko om my lv 50 dude. and they can break your shield in under 3 hits also.

My main complaint with Morrowind was the usually vague directions and the fact that there often was not enough information to help me find my destination.

For the people who liked Morrowind better this is one of the reasons they like it better, getting lost and finding of the 95% uncharted cave ruins tower whatever, and exploring it and finding an artifact or something. Oblivion still could have been better if they didnt make every single thing you fight leveled. And they severely reduce the number of weapons/armors/Artifacts/quests in Oblivion.

Really though if you hated morrowind then dont even go near Daggerfall or Arena... thats a whole other story.

I really like Morrwind and Oblivion they both have their pros and cons.
Milos
Milos
848 posts
Peasant

Actually I play Oblivion with the difficulty either 3/4 or all the way to the right.

I gave up on that. When it's rightmost you do 1/6 of damage on normal difficulty and your enemies do 6 times the normal damage. It's tiring having to run away from every opponent, at least for me, I always chose Nord and rely on brute force, rarely use magic for anything else instead of healing.
JamesCa
JamesCa
6 posts
Nomad

I picked up oblivion played it for about 2 months, and was pretty addicted, I got all the achievements, then I bought the 2 expansions for it, got all the achievements again, Then I sold them, Long amount of game play, I definitely got my time out of it, It was a pretty nice game, I'd Recommend it to anyone who likes Single player Rpgs.

CANNONBALL56
CANNONBALL56
2 posts
Nomad

I've been playing Oblivion for a LONG time and it never gets old. I just got the expansion packs so I've got some new quests but I can't wait for Skyrim on 11/11/11...

benobiace1
benobiace1
65 posts
Nomad

Yes!!! Skyrim is out!!! you wouldnt believe how long i have been waiting for this game! Killing some dragons baby!!!

Showing 136-141 of 144